Exercising when unwell

Options
Have woken up today with a cold and feeling like sh@#. Is it better I not exercise at all and put my energies into getting better, or still exercise even if it's a slow ride/walk? Does it really matter if I burn 300 cals in a half hour period of time or at a much slower rate and take up to 2 hours. What I'm saying is if the same amount of calories are burnt at the end of the workout does it really matter how long it took? Should I bother with a slower burn or not.

Replies

• LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Take a day off and focus on getting better. Injuries happen when you exercise and are not at 100%. I weight lifted once when i was in the middle of a horrible cold and ended up dropping a dummbell on my face. So not only was i sick, but i was bruised too. I'm lucky i didnt break my face.
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    i say, get in a little exercise if you feel up to. just keep it short and low impact. others will surely disagree.

and.... let the arguing commence!!
  • Aquaduckie
    Aquaduckie Posts: 115
    Options
    I always exercise when I have a cold. Unless I am so miserable that I can't drag myself out of bed. I have found that I get over my colds quicker when I take a walk or go for a jog while I have a cold. They seem to last only days instead of weeks. If you feel up to it, I say get a little exercise in. Good luck and feel better soon!