How long...

Options
2»

Replies

• rebecca_d35
    rebecca_d35 Posts: 131
    Options
    I wouldn't do it. I have a 45-minute commute each way, and when I add it all up over the weeks, months, years, I'm depressed about how much extra time I spend away from my kids. I have a great job, but the commute is a killer. There's no way I would double it with kids at home.
  • michelle850
    michelle850 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm biased since I don't want you guys to move, but Matt did 50 min commute to Black River falls for a year and hated it after a while. He felt like he was never home. And did I mention I don't want you guys to move...EVER!!!!! ;)
  • Stacyagilbert
    Options
    Just speaking from my experience with my husband working an hour away for a year and a half. It was very exhausting on us all. If you think it is short term and you can move closer, that's great, but in our situation, we knew we weren't moving closer to his work. It was hard for me because I had to do everything for or with the kids. He wasn't close enough to take them to a dr appt, and missed a lot of school and sporting events.

Now my sister drives an hour back/forth to work each day, but she loves her job and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Best of luck what ever you decide.