If there's an MFP hell, I'm probably going there,,,

Options
CasperO
CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
If there's an MFP hell, I'm probably going there for what I just did.

So I'm enjoying my sunday, had fun @ church, had a muffin at coffe time. Blew off my elliptical workout this morning.

So now it's later in the day and I'm low on calories. Mrs Casper and I are working hard making Pierogies for dinner and the freezer. We always make several hundred when we do it.

I punch in my lunch and see that I'm getting low of calories and our dinner with pierogies will be a little heavy. What to do, what to do,,, Make it a ditch day? Hop on the elliptical? Just have one pierogie with dinner??? :noway:

According to the database, 60 minutes of food preparation burns 190 calories. Hehehe,,, I'm going to MFP hell. :laugh: :happy: :bigsmile: :blushing: :drinker:

Replies

• SulisVioletWings
    Options
    Ha Ha I liked your post... funny but lets be serious... :happy:

Ask in your heart what you should do, be honest with yourself and log in all those perogies (or just the one). I know after I have spent hours making something yummy I personally would like to have more than one... So I would only cook a set amount that I was comfportable with... Maybe 3, it's more than a taste but not a gorge... I also am not sure how heavy in calories they are... Then next time I remove some from the freezer I would input how many I would like to eat during my breakfast log that way you have accounted for them already and can make the nessacary adjustments during the day to be able to enjoy them and not go over...

How about a nice walk with Mrs Casper after dinner to bond, relax and help you both work off any extra perogies... It's nicer than hanging out on your gym equipment by yourself. As for the food prep... Well that's something we do everyday. I know not the extra time making allllllll those perogies but maybe logging in half of that time as extra exercise? lol lol lol

Have fun and enjoy the fruits of your labour! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well I am going with ya!!

I hear it is nice down there:devil:
  • cellorocker
    Options

Lots of free food. :wink:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

hummus for EVERYone!!:laugh:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    :devil: It's a myth. I ate around 4000 cals thursday and I'm still here...... (looks up to see meteor coming at her):laugh:
  • cellorocker
    Options

LOL, I've yet to try hummus.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :devil: It's a myth. I ate around 4000 cals thursday and I'm still here...... (looks up to see meteor coming at her):laugh:

Where do you live? I want to move outta the way:laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Sabra pine nut hummus is so yummus!! And I think it is made in Heaven:love:
  • nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Sabra pine nut hummus is so yummus!! And I think it is made in Heaven:love:

I argee. I just had some an hour ago with special k tomato basil crackers. yum yum yum!!!!!:tongue:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    If there's an MFP hell, I'm probably going there for what I just did.

So I'm enjoying my sunday, had fun @ church, had a muffin at coffe time. Blew off my elliptical workout this morning.

So now it's later in the day and I'm low on calories. Mrs Casper and I are working hard making Pierogies for dinner and the freezer. We always make several hundred when we do it.

I punch in my lunch and see that I'm getting low of calories and our dinner with pierogies will be a little heavy. What to do, what to do,,, Make it a ditch day? Hop on the elliptical? Just have one pierogie with dinner??? :noway:

According to the database, 60 minutes of food preparation burns 190 calories. Hehehe,,, I'm going to MFP hell. :laugh: :happy: :bigsmile: :blushing: :drinker:

Homemade pierogies? Oh my-- heaven, my friend--

what kind didja make?
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who used to make pierogies with her sister. DH and I always received enough to have a few meals out of. She's moved now, so it's either tasteless store bought ones... Or (gasp) I need to learn to make them myself!

Enjoy. I've had a lazy weekend myself, blowing off every workout and workout opportunity. In fact, dinner comes out of the oven in a few, and I'm still wearing last night's PJ's. I've stayed within my calories (well... yesterday I went over, but by less than 100) the whole time. Tomorrow, I plan on running my C25K workout, otherwise I might as well start back at week 1:laugh: .

Sometimes you gotta remember, it's a lifestyle change, and that means ya gotta LIVE!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm a little facetious. Here's the facts on the ground.

I'm down to my last 10 or 12 pounds. My bodyfat percentage is about 16% by caliper measurement - which is pretty lean. If I drop another 12 pounds I'll be around 10%, which is getting seriously lean.

My profile is still set up for a 1000 calorie a day deficit and I haven't changed it - but I probably should. At this stage in my game I should probably not run that high a calorie deficit. My body already thinks we moved to Ethiopia - I've dropped almost 60 pounds in about 6-1/2 months. Now it's time to feed a little more and exercise a little harder and work toward the Jean Claude VanDamme thing. I promise you "The muscles from Brussels" did not get that body eating 1000 calories a day less than he needs.

So - what I'm doing is leaving the setup at that 1000 cal a day deficit and just not worrying too much if I go a little over - and I have added some dumbell work and core work to the elliptical stuff I've been doing. It's interesting and kinda fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

So that's the real deal on my wee jokelet. And it's probably not that far off. Hand making pasta and rolling it to 1/8" thick with a rolling pin is heavy work.

Marla - we made potato-garlic-onion and Sauerkraut. May do a few fried cabbage if I have extra dough.

Bunny - they're not hard to make, just involved. They freeze well, so we make bunches. Google a recipe...
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Casper-- I'm drooling. I grew up across the street from a polish family-- made pierogies every Christmas and Easter by the hundreds. Babci and daughters would spend all day making them and froze 'em-- potato and onion, sauerkraut and then would also make plum-- nothing like homemade. They were delicious.

Memories-- sighhhh. :cry:

Have a great night.