Has anyone completed C25K in less than 8weeks?

Options
I started C25K last week, and I see it's a 8 week program. I just wanted to know if anyone has completed it sooner and if that's a good idea? My ultimate goal is to be a jogger, that is my choice of exercise, I find it fun. But I don't want to over due it either. So anyone complete it sooner without overdoing it?

Replies

• rengb6
    rengb6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on what shape you are in before you begin the program. Before I started it I had been ice-skating and snowboarding and I was a relatively fit person in College. So I was able to skip the first week without any problems. After the 20 minute run I dropped the program and just pushed myself to do the extra 10 minutes with within 3 more runs. So yes it is possible to complete the program in less than 9 weeks! I encourage you to do it at your own pace and stick with it when you complete the program. I stopped running after completing the program and I regret it every day. So I'm starting back this week!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    It took me 10 weeks because I managed to sprain my ankle in an adult soccer game at the end of our kid's soccer season right before week 9. So I took a week off for recovery and then slowly did the first couple of workouts in week 9.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    yes, completed it in week 6. once i could run 20 mins there was no way i was going back to walking!