My short story

newarkcatholicfan
newarkcatholicfan Posts: 13 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
At my old job my hours got cut and I got lazy in life not at work and then got laid off. During that time I put on 73 pounds and stopped working out for two maybe three months.

I then got back in the gym at first the pounds did not move so I decided to cut out a lot of bad foods and dropped 30 pounds. But then nothing so my brother and I decided to start the P90X workout and diet. I have lowered the suggested calorie intake and in seven weeks I am down to 226.

I have 26 more to go to get back to even.

I am hoping the inches(especially around the waste starts to leave, I am still in 36's and want to get back to 31's like I was at 200 pounds. Not good but it will be a start.

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Welcome! You've done an awesome job already! This place makes counting calories and keeping track of other nutrients so easy that you will certainly reach your goals! Take care!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • At my old job my hours got cut and I got lazy in life not at work and then got laid off. During that time I put on 73 pounds and stopped working out for two maybe three months.

I then got back in the gym at first the pounds did not move so I decided to cut out a lot of bad foods and dropped 30 pounds. But then nothing so my brother and I decided to start the P90X workout and diet. I have lowered the suggested calorie intake and in seven weeks I am down to 226.

I have 26 more to go to get back to even.

I am hoping the inches(especially around the waste starts to leave, I am still in 36's and want to get back to 31's like I was at 200 pounds. Not good but it will be a start.
    I have been doing the P90X workouts 11 weeks ago. OMG I love it. I am able to say what Tony is going to say before he does.lol. I am going to start Chalene Extreme next. I have 1 week of the regular workouts left then the rest week. I haven't been able to drop the numbers on the scale, but I am seeing it in my clothes. I have calves now and biceps and triceps. I love to show off my arms. My legs aren't were I want them yet but they will come. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on how it goes.
  • newarkcatholicfan
    Great job.
  • I am keeping things between 216.5 and 220

So much work left to do.
  • newarkcatholicfan
    My calories are holding about 2,000 each day after doing my workouts but the weight is going up at an alarming rate. I’m back up to 227.

I’m on the 2nd round of the P90X program.
    I am in the 2nd phase of the recovery week, all cardio this week.

The only change I have made is I have taken out some of the exercises from the weight lifting part and added strength building exercises.

My brother and I have taken out the yoga and added a P90X advance cardio workout in its place so that we are burning my calories.

Any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.