Yet another C25K question

Options
I've got another C25K question. Are the rest days really important? Last night I did W4D2 and I want to do it again tonight! Since I'm fairly new to this whole exercise thing, do I have to take the rest days?

Replies

• sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    TAKE YOUR REST DAYS! It's very important. Take atleast 1 rest day inbetween runs...running takes some adjustment and is rough on your body. Go too much too soon and your liable to hurt yourself an be out for weeks.
  • Devona14
    Devona14 Posts: 171
    Options
    Thanks! I guess I'm just excited that I can do it and want to keep doing it. Granted, I'm worn out at the end, but it's a new feeling for me. Love the fact that I feel like I'm accomplishing something.
  • Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    If you are just starting out I would make sure to get my rest days. If you're feeling pumped and have the energy/ aren't too sore that's great but don't burn your self out trying to do too many exercise programs at once. Its totally up to you but listen to what your body tells you, it would be a shame to start all that good exercisin' and then get burnt out and have to start all over again later on. Good luck!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    EVERY time I run two days in a row, I regret it. Much more sore and need to take extra rest days before doing it again. Go for a brisk walk tonight instead!
  • Devona14
    Devona14 Posts: 171
    Options
    That's probably what I'll do. I just want to keep active.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    My typical schedule is run a day, walk a day, rest a day. I may end up doing strength on my 'rest' days, but I'll keep it at no cardio.