Tough weekend.....starting SB diet, anyone interested?

Options
Hello all, wow I had such a great weekend. But guess what........ the food was GREAT, lol. Anyhow I've been at a stand still for a while and need a change so I'm going to do the South Beach diet I have also just purchased Turbo Jam which so far is a lot of fun. Anyone interested in trying this diet and posting ideas back and fourth?

Replies

• SaraAnne
    SaraAnne Posts: 53
    Options
    YESSSS!!! I started it on thursday and thought I'd give myself a break on Sundays. BAD IDEA!!
    I learned that I am totally addicted to carbs. I'm going to get back at the SB again tomrrow.

It's amazing how eating the things on SB make you feel 300 times more energized though. I'd definitely be interested on trying to keep eachother on track though... The first 2 weeks are pretty tough.

Good Luck! I'll be right there with you haha

PS- What exactly is Turbo Jam? I keep hearing about it but don't really know what it is... I'm a big fan of Billly Blanks TaeBo boot camp. Is it similar at all?
  • tep77
    tep77 Posts: 5
    Options
    YESSSS!!! I started it on thursday and thought I'd give myself a break on Sundays. BAD IDEA!!
    I learned that I am totally addicted to carbs. I'm going to get back at the SB again tomrrow.

It's amazing how eating the things on SB make you feel 300 times more energized though. I'd definitely be interested on trying to keep eachother on track though... The first 2 weeks are pretty tough.

Good Luck! I'll be right there with you haha

PS- What exactly is Turbo Jam? I keep hearing about it but don't really know what it is... I'm a big fan of Billly Blanks TaeBo boot camp. Is it similar at all?
    I'm not sure what Turbo Jam is, but I know you can find out more about it on the www.teambeachbody.com website. I am doing the P90X workout and I love it. Huge success! If Turbo Jam wasn't good, it wouldn't be on the website.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Come join us in the low carbers challenge on the motivation and support thread.
  • ktala24
    ktala24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Anne, Thanks for the response. So happy to see I have someone to go through this with. I see they have a low carbers thread....maybe we should head over that way as well to get some ideas. Anyhow, to answer your Turbo Jam question. I was doing Tae Bo, and started to get a little bored so I picked up Turbo Jam and I think it's a lot of fun. I can make it through Tae Bo but not through Turbo Jam yet. It's a slight concept of taebo but a little more dance movements (but not corney) it keeps you entertained. I got it on Amazon for like $7, I figured it was worth a try and it was worth it.

So to get off on the right step this morning I had eggs mixed in with ham and mushroom and 2 cups of coffee (needed it after my crazy weekend)
    Snack plan: slices of turkey
    Lunch plan: chicken salad
    haven't figured dinner out yet

Good Luck, keep in touch!!
  • ktala24
    ktala24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite.......I will for sure.
    Come join us in the low carbers challenge on the motivation and support thread.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hi Anne, Thanks for the response. So happy to see I have someone to go through this with. I see they have a low carbers thread....maybe we should head over that way as well to get some ideas. Anyhow, to answer your Turbo Jam question. I was doing Tae Bo, and started to get a little bored so I picked up Turbo Jam and I think it's a lot of fun. I can make it through Tae Bo but not through Turbo Jam yet. It's a slight concept of taebo but a little more dance movements (but not corney) it keeps you entertained. I got it on Amazon for like $7, I figured it was worth a try and it was worth it.

So to get off on the right step this morning I had eggs mixed in with ham and mushroom and 2 cups of coffee (needed it after my crazy weekend)
    Snack plan: slices of turkey
    Lunch plan: chicken salad
    haven't figured dinner out yet

Good Luck, keep in touch!!

You are planning on eating veggies with those protein for lunch and snacks? I found that a variety of veggies with just a little fruit mixed in helps stave away boredom.

I found with other bulletin board sites I belong to, that boredom is one of the main reasons people don't stick with the low carb plans............

Variety is the spice of life and I believe that. I look forward to trying veggies I haven't eaten before and finding new recipes for the veggies and protein I already eat.............keep it interesting!!