Snails :angry: I was tricked into eating them
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    chicken hearts

frog legs

guinea pig (south america)

Rocky mountain oysters (not good)

A bunch of stuff in Taiwan that I couldn't tell you what it was for the life of mean but was amazing!
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Cat brains. It was a brain on a pastry in a little deli shop in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia. Raised with a French-heritage palate, I eat any organ, and have enjoyed calf brain several times. I don't read Arabic and figured it was calf. After I polished it off, I tried to gesture/mime what it was that I had consumed. Finally I went "mooo" and the Arab behind the counter smiled and licked his hands as he said "meow!"
  • Monkey_Butter
    Options
    Rattlesnake

calf fries (testicles) -My favorite

lamb fries (testicles)

cow tongue -My second favorite

squirrel

rabbit

dove

shark

dog ribs -at a local BBQ joint, they were shut down when it came to light how they were keeping the local stray dog population low.

...we ate anything and everything growing up, usually what we hunted or raised for slaughter.
  • Keenasgettingfitnhealthy
    Options
    Not really weird but I've had Kangaroo and enjoyed it haha and would eat it regularly if I could figure out how to get it a bit cheaper! Ummm other than that I don't think I've had anything weird =D

*edit* Oooh and I've had lambs brains and kidneys and lambs fry etc... I don't know if that's considered weird???
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    Rattlesnake EXTREMELY fresh, sans head, cooked in a fire, apparently not well enough and still moving... Yes, I was drunk.. No it wasn't bad at all LOL!

Also, vanilla ice cream with salsa on a dare. (Don't ask)

Yes, I'm awesome. No, that's really all I take away from this, is how awesome I am :wink:

Edit: I accidentally a word.
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    Other than venison, the only other weird mix i've made is pizza with sour cream and ketchup. it's not healthy and it's nothing from another country, but i find it tasty!!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    The weirdest for me has been cow tripe (intestines) & cow tongue ( Mom use to love to prepare this & torture us by making us try it as young children.) I hated it & to this day can not stand organ meats of any kind. Eventually eating liver grew on me but, avoid it all cost trying to keep my cholesterol levels in check.
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    Cat brains. It was a brain on a pastry in a little deli shop in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia. Raised with a French-heritage palate, I eat any organ, and have enjoyed calf brain several times. I don't read Arabic and figured it was calf. After I polished it off, I tried to gesture/mime what it was that I had consumed. Finally I went "mooo" and the Arab behind the counter smiled and licked his hands as he said "meow!"

oh wow, thats funny
  • BexleyGirl
    BexleyGirl Posts: 102
    Options
    Chitlin. ....love them and crabs...love them too!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    beaver tail, smoked- also from a real beaver
    baby skunk cabbage, sauted in butter- totaly gross
    a gold fish- made $50
    ink berries- see following
    Ipecac syrup- see previous

:bigsmile:
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Rotten shark

Was it supposed to be rotten?

Yup. It's an Icelandic food.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Lmao I think I would have passed out right there!:sick:

Nothing too crazy exotic.
    Black bear, emu, boar, moose (deer, geese, duck and anything else my dad hunted)
    Pig feet (in the french canadian way Ragoût de pattes de cochon )
    Pig and lamb intestine via natural saussage casings
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've tried (and continue to try) new foods all the time just to add them to my list. That said, the oddest (and most pungent) dish was a combination of:

Sea urchin
    Fermented soybeans
    Raw quail egg

I can't remember the name of the dish, but now that I've tried it, I'll pass on it in the future.
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    Octopus
  • Canuck_TriFit
    Canuck_TriFit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I really shouldn't be reading this while I'm eating lunch. :sick:
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Rattlesnake EXTREMELY fresh, sans head, cooked in a fire, apparently not well enough and still moving... Yes, I was drunk.. No it wasn't bad at all LOL!

Also, vanilla ice cream with salsa on a dare. (Don't ask)

Yes, I'm awesome. No, that's really all I take away from this, is how awesome I am :wink:

Edit: I accidentally a word.

Id probably hate myself if I rememberd all the things ive eaten drunk. LOL. I had tobasco sauce with chocolate milk once.... Spewed everywhere. Gotta love college.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I really shouldn't be reading this while I'm eating lunch. :sick:

Sorry! Weight loss tool? ;P
  • hersheythecat
    hersheythecat Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    snail, deer, frog legs
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Ew, you guys have eaten some gross ****!!! LOL.
    The only thing I've eaten out of the ordinary (and it's actually not even weird to a LOT of people) is Deer bacon. Only reason I had that was because I was younger and I went on a hunting trip with my friends family and they cooked it for breakfast. I hated it and never had it again lol.