NSVs!

brneydgrlie
brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
I have been kinda bummed because my scale has been fighting with me these past 2 weeks or so. Weight loss stalled completely. Then, for a few days, I was actually UP 3 lbs. I think this was because I actually increased my calories a bit in an attempt to get the scale moving again.

Today, the 3 lbs was gone, so I am back to where I started 2 weeks ago. HOWEVER, on a whim, I decided to measure my waist. My waist is actually 1.25 inches SMALLER than it was two weeks ago. After I saw that, I went and weighed myself again, and this time I paid attention to the other numbers on my fancy-shmancy scale. Turns out my body fat percentage has also gone DOWN 3%. I'll take those as NSVs any day! :happy:

Replies

• brneydgrlie
    Anyone else have any great NSVs today?
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    That was a great NSV see just keep at it!!!
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Good job!! Way to stay focused and not let the scale detour you from your progress. I love NSV and will take those over scale victories any day :happy:
  • I feel healthy! for the first time in over 10 years I have energy!!
  • brneydgrlie
    I feel healthy! for the first time in over 10 years I have energy!!

Awesome! I think that's pretty much what we all want, when all is said and done.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    That is an awesome NSV... the scale doesn't usually give the full story.

My NSV for today.... realizing that my bath towel wrapped around me. All the way. NO gap!!!
  • brneydgrlie
    That is an awesome NSV... the scale doesn't usually give the full story.

My NSV for today.... realizing that my bath towel wrapped around me. All the way. NO gap!!!

Thanks! I can't wait til I get to yours! :smile:
  • megbh83
    megbh83 Posts: 9
    I got a couple on Sunday!! I have been doing outdoor bootcamps since May 7th. I go 3-4 times a week, plus we walk at home at least 5 days a week. So Since starting my boot camps I've lost 8lbs and almost 9". I went to my mommy baby group yesterday and heard 5 seperate times how good I look! Plus today my MIL saw a picture of me from there and commented on how good I'm looking too! YAY!!! Makes all the hard work fee worth it!
  • brneydgrlie
    I got a couple on Sunday!! I have been doing outdoor bootcamps since May 7th. I go 3-4 times a week, plus we walk at home at least 5 days a week. So Since starting my boot camps I've lost 8lbs and almost 9". I went to my mommy baby group yesterday and heard 5 seperate times how good I look! Plus today my MIL saw a picture of me from there and commented on how good I'm looking too! YAY!!! Makes all the hard work fee worth it!

Especially the nice compliment from the MIL! WTG! :wink:
  • LilMissTalyn
    LilMissTalyn Posts: 106 Member
    I noticed a slight difference in my face on friday versus a pic I took just over a month ago! I look healthier and a little slimmer!

Photoon2012-04-16at13162.jpg

Photoon2012-05-31at1657.jpg

What do you think?
  • LilMissTalyn
    LilMissTalyn Posts: 106 Member
    i hae no idea why ^ it says they were moved or deleted, i just added them! grrrrrr
  • brneydgrlie
    Still, it's a fantastic NSV! I see that happen sometimes with pics, and I don't understand why either.
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    My waist meas. if under 30 for the first time in years. 29.5 in.
  • brneydgrlie
    Wow! I am so not there yet. WTG!
  • jmeddows87
    jmeddows87 Posts: 23 Member
    Sorry I'm new! What's NSV?
    Thanks
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Thanks

NSV=nonscale victory! Which is usually WAY WAY WAY better than seeing your weight drop on the scale!
  • brneydgrlie
    Thanks

It stands for Non Scale Victory.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    I had one of the guys I work with call me "skinny" today. That is a huge compliment coming from him (he is extremely active and is the head of the lifeguards at the beach here) and he doesn't compliment you unless he means it!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Non Scale Victory
    yep, i did the elliptical on the hard setting for 15 minutes with only one stop!! thats the best ive done since ive started back 4 DAYS AGO!! :d
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    I woke up this morning. Thats the greatest NSV I can ever have.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!