Belly flab

kvachon
kvachon Posts: 24 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
My lower abd is all flab after having my kids. What exercises can I do to get rid of it. Everything that I have tried has not helped.

Replies

• Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    reverse crunches, bicycle crunches, oblique crunches...theyve all been amazing for my lower and side abs. Im not fighting off having just had kids, but I did have quite the issue with those spots before I started those exercises!
  • kvachon
    Whats reverse crunches
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    get your legs up, hip width apart, in 90 degrees while on your back and arms at your sides. then lift the legs just enough to get the butt up.
    at least thats how i was taught
  • kvachon
    Ok thanks
  • Sirren
    Sirren Posts: 3
    you need to eat 100% clean to get rid of that fat + cardio + strength training. there is no way to "spot reduce"... and if all you do is a crap ton of ab exercises it wont do anything for your flab at all.
    So seriously, cut out all processed foods, and eat 100% clean. Fruits / vegies / meat / water. just make sure your eatting enough calories and not cutting it to low.

Try it for one day to see how you feel. this is my daily meals
    breakfast- 1 apple / 1 cup of grapes / peanutbutter and 1 boiled egg
    Snack - orange
    Lunch - Grilled chicken, Salad and 1 cup of watermelon
    snack - 1 cup of grapes
    Dinner - Grilled chicken or turkey, green beans, Peas and fruit for desert.

Try that for one day to see how you feel. =) You'll feel Light, and not that "fat bloated" feeling all day or before bed.
  • kvachon
    That sounds great I will try it for sure.
  • you need to eat 100% clean to get rid of that fat + cardio + strength training. there is no way to "spot reduce"... and if all you do is a crap ton of ab exercises it wont do anything for your flab at all.
    So seriously, cut out all processed foods, and eat 100% clean. Fruits / vegies / meat / water. just make sure your eatting enough calories and not cutting it to low.

Snack - orange
    snack - 1 cup of grapes

Try that for one day to see how you feel. =) You'll feel Light, and not that "fat bloated" feeling all day or before bed.

Any ideas if I don't eat meat??
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    you need to eat 100% clean to get rid of that fat + cardio + strength training. there is no way to "spot reduce"... and if all you do is a crap ton of ab exercises it wont do anything for your flab at all.

Snack - orange
    snack - 1 cup of grapes

Any ideas if I don't eat meat??

Try replacing meat sources for dairy (yogurt), nuts, seeds, tofu or legumes of some sort.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO.
    You can do as many crunches, reverse crunches etc... as you want but it will not blast the fat the way cardio can. My doctor said it best - you may very well have a beautiful six pack under all that belly fat, but you'll never know until you improve your cardiovascular health - which mean high impact or high intensity cardio workouts.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO.
    You can do as many crunches, reverse crunches etc... as you want but it will not blast the fat the way cardio can. My doctor said it best - you may very well have a beautiful six pack under all that belly fat, but you'll never know until you improve your cardiovascular health - which mean high impact or high intensity cardio workouts.

• hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO.
    i agree whole heartedly with this one! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.