Ready to start a new adventure!!!

Options
:happy: Okay.....I'm serious about taking off a lot of weight I have accumulated over the last 16 years. I have five children and I want to be around to see grandbabies and much needed couple time with my husband once they are all raised. And I know that I will have to work hard, but I am determined to do this for my health and happiness and in the long run for my very loved family!! I have already lost 14 pounds but there are many more that need to come off. I have started going to our new YMCA and since we found out that my husband is diabetic we are both now counting carbs!!!! So.......now I start a new adventure.........

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!! :happy: :happy: You can do it!

~Leash :heart:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    :happy: Okay.....I'm serious about taking off a lot of weight I have accumulated over the last 16 years. I have five children and I want to be around to see grandbabies and much needed couple time with my husband once they are all raised. And I know that I will have to work hard, but I am determined to do this for my health and happiness and in the long run for my very loved family!! I have already lost 14 pounds but there are many more that need to come off. I have started going to our new YMCA and since we found out that my husband is diabetic we are both now counting carbs!!!! So.......now I start a new adventure.........

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • michellem81
    Options
    Thanks so much all the encouragement!!!!!!!
  • michellem81
    Options
    :smile: Hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!! I joined 25 days ago and have lost 11 lbs and the best thing about it is I haven't felt like I'm starved and I have been exercising again which means I'm getting healthier and smaller at the same time!!!!! Love it !!!

255138.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!! I joined 25 days ago and have lost 11 lbs and the best thing about it is I haven't felt like I'm starved and I have been exercising again which means I'm getting healthier and smaller at the same time!!!!! Love it !!!

255138.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

That's sooooo great! Congratulations! :flowerforyou: It's a GREAT feeling, isn't it?!!! :happy:
    MFP has made losing weight "almost" fun, as well as down right addictive, don't you think?!
    Granted, there are plenty of weeks of staying the same, or even gaining a pound here and there, but, if you're "working with your numbers", through good food choices (MOST of the time!) moderation, you're drinking lots of water, and getting some exercise, the weight WILL come off!
    MFP has totally changed my life, as it has for tons of others I'm sure!
    You're doing great, keep it up and before you know it, you will have lost all the weight that you wanted to! :smile: