*FIT BY FALL* weigh in for August 3rd

Options

Replies

• fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

We have so many posters now that I think I'll need to start writing down everyone's names
    and accomplishments to keep up!! WE ROCK!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :love: :love: :drinker: :drinker:

Knew once I got back on track I'd see some changes. It's amazing what healthy eating can do! :tongue:
    Down to 171.8 this a.m., fingers crossed a couple more days and I'll be back where I was. :ohwell:

Congrats to those pumping it up!! We are such an AWESOME group!! Motivating and supportive!!!:love:

Have a WONDERFUL HEALTHY day!!:bigsmile:

Pam :flowerforyou:
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    I am so inspired reading everyone's posting! You all are just what I needed to get me out of this recliner and in the garage on the elliptical! Thanks for the pep talk! Good luck to all of us today!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    im taking a break from working out today. Not just because the numbers didnt make me happy. I was already planning on a break today. Ive worked out 9 days in a row and, as oftentimes happens, its the end of my tom and I have a migraine that could kill a person. :angry:
  • Queenie000
    Queenie000 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Jovialltogetha- I noticed you were taking a break from working out today, which i know it is important to do so your body has a chance to rest. I was wondering if i matters if i walk everyday. I know walking is fairly low impact, and the couple days i haven't felt like walking i biked. Last night i just didn't feel like walking, so husband watched baby so i went for a 20 minute bike ride. Anyways, if i am just walking i don't feel that i need a break, but maybe i am wrong! Just wondering what you guys thought about that. You really should pick up a measuring tape, they are only a couple bucks and have them at many stores. Not sure where you live, but the craft store by my house has them, and the walmart sewing section also has them.

I have been doing well eating my calories and definitely eat my exercise calories. I am hoping that i will continue losing weight doing this! I have read on this site that some people eat their exercise calories and some don't. I guess if i run into a problem, maybe i will only eat half, i will wait and see.

leeslim4life- did you like the 10 minute trainer, i have been curious about that?

mrsprazak05- thanks for that post on if i had to live my life over, it is easy to get caught up in the things that don't matter!

maddiebabe, way to go, 2.5 lbs!!!! I have found for eating out that i do best if i know where i am going ahead of time so i can look up nutritional info and meal ahead of time and plan exactly what i will eat. That way i won't end up eating 1000 plus calories, which many restaurant meals are.

For my walk today, i plan on carrying the baby.But, when i say carry, i do use a carrier. I have a ergo carrier that i can put my baby on my hip, carry her in front, or on her back. I just got it last week, and haven't tried the back yet, so we may do that today. Before i had a super uncomfortable backpack carrier where the metal would dig into my back.
    The neighbor brought over huge zucchini from his garden, so i promised to make zucchini bread. The challenge today will to just limit myself to one piece and be sure to give the rest away!

Everyone keep it up! Have a fabulous day.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    I dont know if you really need to take a break from walking considering some people walk or bike to work everyday and their lives just incorporate walking that often...but I dont know!

Im definitely getting a measuring tape by the end of the week and suppose my base measurements will have to start when Ive already made progress. Its too bad, really, as Id like to know what kind of progress Ive made! :ohwell:
  • mrsprazak05
    Options

The neighbor brought over huge zucchini from his garden, so i promised to make zucchini bread. The challenge today will to just limit myself to one piece and be sure to give the rest away!

:heart: I saw this on another thread...maybe it's worth a try??:heart:

Hi MFP-ers... I tried a new Zucchini Bread recipe tonight and it's awesome- too good not to share! The original recipe is vegan, but I am not, and made some changes to the recipe that may have changed it's status as vegan.

If you cut the loaf into 12 slices, and make it the way I did, it's 136 calories, 24 carbs, 4 grams of fat, 4 grams of protein, and 175 milligrams of sodium per slice. Also, I recently discovered Downey's Honey Butter with Cinnamon (1 tablespoon=60 calories, 11 carbs, 1 gram of fat, and 10 milligrams of sodium) and it's amazing love on a slice of the bread. Also, both the bread and the butter (which is more like a softer cream cheese to me) are very "clean" bigsmile

This is the recipe:

Zucchini Bread - yields 1 loaf

1 1/2 cups sifted whole wheat flour or spelt (or other flour)
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ground ginger
    1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 flax egg (or other substitute) **I just used 1/4 cup egg beater wink
    1/2 cup light brown sugar
    5 heaping tbsp unsweetened applesauce
    1 tsp lemon juice
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    up to 4 tbsp water
    2 small zucchinis shreaded (1 1/2 cups)
    1/2 cup unsweetened dried fruit - optional (such as raisins, wild blueberries, cranberries) **I skipped this
    1/2 cup chopped nuts - optional **I added 1/2 cup chopped walnuts smile
    rolled oats - optional topping **I added 1/4 cup rolled oats on top smile

Directions:

1. Preheat 350 F
    2. sift flour, baking powder, spices and salt together
    3. make “egg”
    4. add sugar, applesauce, lemon juice, vanilla and 2 tbsp water; whisk until combined
    5. pour wet into dry but do not mix
    6. add zucchini and optional dried fruit and/or nuts
    7. stir until just combined
    8. (if it’s still dry, add another 2 tbsp of water)
    9. transfer mixture to a greased bread pan
    10. sprinkle oats on top if desired (a little extra sugar too if desired)
    11. bake 40-50 minutes, until a tooth pick comes out clean
  • Jovialation
    Options
    I would just like to say that this model is my inspiration for trying to look good
    467787446_l.jpg I think shes absolutely gorgeous
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies,
    I hope everyone is doing well, pushing hard, staying positive & making a change for the better. I am totally addicted to this site & LOVE IT!!!
    Today I ate well, I’m about to finish up eating my workout calories & take a shower,
    I did 10 min Trainer Cardio/Total Body (LOVED THIS 1) & Abs. I am really enjoying this workout!

Here are my before & after pix I posted in the “Success Story” thread & wanted to share them here with you! Hope you don’t mind!

BEFORE 231lbs:

BigLee.jpg

This is from this Sat in my size Medium :love: Current: 193lbs

AfterPic.jpg

Tamawamara- Girl, you’re doing fine. You haven’t gained any & that’s a PLUS! You can also try speed walking from your car to your office building, take 2 steps at a time, avoid the elevator, anything that gets your heart rate up makes a huge difference. Stay strong!

Maddiebabe- Try eating the healthy stuff 1st that way you are semi full & use dessert plates, that always helps me. Keep going, you’re doing great!!!

Jovi- Rest days are needed, so kick back & enjoy it! Keep your head up hun!

Queenie- 10 Minute Trainer is new to me & GURRRRRRRRLLLL it’s the BEST!!!! It’s the quickest sweat builder, muscle toner & Ab burner you’ll ever find in just 30 minutes. It’s great!!!

MrsP- That recipe looks & sounds delicious!!! I think I’m gonna have to try it! Thank you hun!
  • Jovialation
    Options
    thanks! Ill keep that head up the best I can and keep doin what Im doin.
    Im really bad at patience but Im sure youll all keep me stable.

btw you look freaking AMAZING.
    I think Im going to have my mom take my official 'starting to get serious' pic when im visiting her next week

heres what Im gonna dub my official before pic
    P6300048.jpg
    its the most recent pic I have thats most of my body
    size 11 pants not fitting. small sleeveless jacket barely hanging on
  • tamawamara
    tamawamara Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself yesterday and and am down to 173. It's been so muggy, and humid the last couple days, that It's killed my appetite! It's been a mild and rainy summer before this week,in western MA, that I'm not used to the heat. And it's AUG.!I'm Sweating JUST sitting here!Lee, Thanks for your words of encouragement!I'm going to look into buying 10 minute trainer!Where'd you buy it?Girl You look slammin' in your Hot pink dress and high heels!Your hard work is definitely paying off!This is GREAT site and you ladies are the best!:drinker: :heart:
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Lee....you LOOK FABULOUS!!!! congrats on the medium dress. Thats amazing! you just totally inspired me to work harder to look good in a dress.....especially this new wedding dress shopping I get to start doing now he he!

Anyway, I just wanted to post and say congrats because obviously you rhard work is paying off time and time again and you deserve to feel awesome because clearly...YOU ARE :smile:
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    on a total side note, how do you guys get your "tickers" to show up in your profiels/blogs etc because I cannot for the life of me figure it out...apparently I am computer challenged in this respect :(
  • leeslim4life
    Options
    Thanks Jovi! :flowerforyou: Your size 11 is where I’m aiming, I’m currently in a 14 & TRUST weight loss takes a lot of patience. Once you stick to the plan you are going to be FABULOUS!!!!

Tamawamara- I’m glad I could help! I ordered 10 Minute Trainer off the Beach Body website, you are going to LOVE it!!! Thank you for the compliment as well! :flowerforyou:

Maddiebabe- Thanks so MUCH I really appreciate the complements, :flowerforyou: makes me push harder.
    As for the Ticker you go to Toolsclick Weight Loss Tickers or Personalize to add your own pic then you are going to follow the prompts after it….once you save it’s going to show in your Sig. I hope this helps!

Have a great day!

~Leelee~
  • Jovialation
    Options
    Thanks Jovi! :flowerforyou: Your size 11 is where I’m aiming, I’m currently in a 14 & TRUST weight loss takes a lot of patience. Once you stick to the plan you are going to be FABULOUS!!!!

Have a great day!

~Leelee~
    how tall are you? you look amazing at the size youre at its hard to believe youre aiming for the size Im in now :wink:
    and Thanks! Im really trying to stick to a plan. Im aiming for being out of the double digit sizes by my birthday (end of Oct), even tho I know itll be tough.
  • Queenie000
    Queenie000 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Leelee- WOW, you look amazing! I can see all those workouts are really paying off. You own that dress!!! Way to go!

JoviAllTogetha- I would love to be a size 11, but that's not going to happen till next year sometime!
  • Jovialation
    Options
    hey good luck! just be careful when you get there! Juniors jeans have no hips built in :laugh:
  • leeslim4life
    Options
    Jovi, I'm only 5'5...I walked around almost my entire adult hood thinking I' was 5"7 :ohwell: when the doctor clearly told me I was wrong. So, 193 is too much for me to carry around. My goal is 160 but to be honest I would be happy at 170. I really don't want to be skinny, just healthy. I want to be able to run around without my knees snap, crackling & popping! You know! So, my aim is for a size10. :happy:

Queenie thank you sweetie!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jovialation
    Options
    another short person! well, good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!!!

sorry it's been crazy for me lately....:grumble: working late, getting the flu....bah humbug! LOL!.....but my eating has been good & i weighed this am and back down to 180.... lol...relief! :laugh: still need to get into the 170's tho:noway:

Lee - looking good girl!!!!! woot!!!! :happy: :flowerforyou:

Hope everyone is keeping positive! Just thought i'd drop by for a quick positive thought:

"Promise Yourself
    (unknown)

Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
    To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.
    To make all your friends feel like there is something in them.
    To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
    To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and expect only the best.
    To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
    To forget the mistakes of the past and press on the greater achievements of the future.
    To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living person you meet a smile.
    To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
    To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, and too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the
    presence of trouble."

I loved it and hope you will too!!

Keep up the great work everyone!! u guys are a huge inspiration!!

i may not get in here as often as i'd like to lately, but u make it so worth while!!! thank you!
    blessings!:flowerforyou:
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

Lee........You look HAWT!!!!!!!!!!!! woohoo!!:drinker: Keep up the good work! YOU ROCK!!

ClassiC......sorry you had the bug:sick: But glad you are feeling better now! Work back in to
    everything slowly so you don't relapse. :flowerforyou:

I found my 10 minute trainer on Ebay...just need to be careful who you buy from.......
    have yet to crack the wrapper on it tho! :blushing:

Down again this morning......knew if I went back to my eating plan, the Las Vegas weight
    would start coming off. :tongue:

2 more days of work then we're taking the boat out for one last entire family day on the lake...
    DD leaves for Idaho on the 12th:cry:

Hugs to all and have a happy healthy day
    Pam:flowerforyou: