isagenix?

Options
Does anyone have any experience with isagenix? I had someone ask me to watch the videos and then discuss with her. I am always skeptical by any of these types of programs but have seen someone (friend of a friend) post on facebook their success pictures from it. I'm just wondering if anyone on here has tried it or knows someone who has and what they thought of it- good or bad.

Replies

• mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I really liked Isagenix. i did their 10 day program and lost about 10lbs... about 7 of which I kept off. The cleanse days are tough, you're hungry but the shakes are yummy. I've also tried their cream of chicken soup and liked it. The products are expensive but totally worth it in my opinion.
  • malakrolewna
    malakrolewna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I tried Isagenix before. To me, it's like all the other shake programs out there. I was starving, shaking and needless to say, i did not loose anything. Well, i did at first, but then i gained it all back right after. Im not knocking isagenix in particular, but i personally dont beleive that it is healthy or realistic to survive on shakes. On a contradictory note.... i did have an isagenix shake this morning. only because i wanted a banana and milk, so i threw it in the blender, and i thought ahhhh, what the heck, ill throw in a scoop of the isagenix into the blender for flavour. But i personally think it is very expensive and not the best route. ....and, i love flavourful food, shakes get boring after 2 or 3 days. If you chose to do it, then do it if you feel it is right for you. Good luck with your decision. :)
  • lindserly
    lindserly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have 2 reasons for being hesitant to try it:
    a) I don't really have the money for it
    and
    b) I'm an incredibly picky eater and have a feeling I would hate the taste
  • lindserly
    Options
    I really liked Isagenix. i did their 10 day program and lost about 10lbs... about 7 of which I kept off. The cleanse days are tough, you're hungry but the shakes are yummy. I've also tried their cream of chicken soup and liked it. The products are expensive but totally worth it in my opinion.

How much did their 10 day program cost you?
  • malakrolewna
    malakrolewna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It is expensive. i think it was $300 for my first month. That is when i quit. LOL. There are many great protein shakes out there you can buy for much cheaper. This way if your in a rush or not in the mood to eat, you can just make a quick shake for on-the-go. Again, good luck with your decision. Mine was personally made out of obligation to a friend. I felt i had to support her and thats why i bought it. big mistake. Another friend of mine sells a similar product and because i didnt buy into it, she kind of brushed our friendship aside. :(
  • lindserly
    Options
    It is expensive. i think it was $300 for my first month. That is when i quit. LOL. There are many great protein shakes out there you can buy for much cheaper. This way if your in a rush or not in the mood to eat, you can just make a quick shake for on-the-go. Again, good luck with your decision. Mine was personally made out of obligation to a friend. I felt i had to support her and thats why i bought it. big mistake. Another friend of mine sells a similar product and because i didnt buy into it, she kind of brushed our friendship aside. :(

That's really too bad about your friend. I don't really know the lady who sells it so I won't have that problem. She keeps calling to discuss with me and I keep brushing off her calls as I didn't get around to watching the videos until today. So many people are selling all sorts of different things now on the side, I had to outright tell a friend I wasn't interested in her product as she kept asking me to host a party. I think she understood though, but kind of left it that I will probably change my mind (not likely).
  • Canadyna
    Canadyna Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did two months of the weight-loss program followed by one month of the maintenance program. I lost a lot of weight (30ish lbs in that time). It was hard, I was starving and when I'm starving I'm grumpy to be around. The first month I was hardcore about it. The second month I was starting ease off and didn't see the results the same. It made it very hard to be social since we were doing regular potluck style meals with friends I would be drinking my shake.

I put the weight back on. The problem is that I never learned how to improve my eating habits. I didn't know where my down falls were and I couldn't afford to continue with the program forever. Once the three months were up the weight creeped back up.

I believe I will have better long term success using mfp. The weight isn't coming off as quickly, but everything I am doing is sustainable. My husband appreciates me being less grumpy since I'm not starving all the time.

I'm not saying "don't do isagenix", but I am saying is that it wasn't right for me.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    My friend did that. She got to eat 2 little pellets and a kool-aid at 2 pm.
  • lindserly
    Options
    thank you everyone for your information.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    It's overpriced protein powder sold on a pyramid marketing scheme so people can use their friendships to con people into buying it. 'Nuff said.
  • buchmansrus
    buchmansrus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to add that, I have done it.
    I released over 40 pounds and went from a size 22 to a 16. Check out MY Facebook profile (April Buchman Waddell)
    I didnt starve myself either because I got all the nutrition I needed. You also eat throughout the day too. A meal between 400-600 calories. I did it WITHOUT Killing myself at the gym either. I didnt have time to exercise because of my job driving tour buses.
    The first month may seem expensive but after that its not. Also, if you do not like the results or the taste you can get your money back. What other company does that?
    I went for the weight loss, I'm staying because of how amazing I felt/feel since day one.

Isagenix is a GREAT nutritional program. If people did the research on it, they would find that Isagenix isn't for weight loss (although it is a great side effect), it is to fuel the body of the nutrition it has lost from all the toxins in the world.
  • Coaster74
    Coaster74 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm combining isagenix with using MFP. it is hard at first, but I have found it vey helpful in reducing cravings and having me stick to healthy snacks. It really encourages clean eating with very little processed food. You have 2 shakes and 2 150 calorie snacks and then a 600 calorie dinner. You only cleanse once every eight days and some people never do that part of it. That's why it works for me with a combo of isagenix and MFP.

The downfall is the cost. I bought the 30 day cleanse which was a great kick start, and now I am continuing, I like the taste of the shakes, but only with the shakes and some of the vitamin supplements. This way it is so much cheaper. You should research it on the Internet as well. I did because I was VERY skeptical. The reviews, comments and nutrition information is almost all positive. It is so important as to what is in the shake etc as many meal supplement shakes are full of junk.

It's certainly not for everyone, but for me at this time, I'm so glad I am using it.
  • Runthismom
    Runthismom Posts: 49
    Options
    I have several friends that have used it and love it. Yes, it is expensive. But...it is the quality of the products that you are paying for. Sure you can go to Target and get a $20 canister of protein powder...but do you read the label? It's crap. :noway: And I don't want to put crap into my body. And I am not the biggest fan of non-foods...but again this is quality stuff. Google "bio-availability"...

The business end is a but tricky to understand, and I could care less about that part of it if I see results. I have sampled several of the items...the cookies are amazing, I love the greens and chocolate! :bigsmile: And they do have a great line of suppliments, and skin care.

For the people that "tried" this...you do understand that you should not, I repeat should NOT be consuming only shakes, right? :happy: They are meal replacements, meaning that you should be eating 5-6 meals a day and 1-2 of them could be shakes. :drinker: This is supposed to be, like any other lifestyle change, used in moderation at first. You will feel like death if you only eat shakes. :sick:
  • TrinaHillier
    TrinaHillier Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I did isagenix for four months approximately. In that time I lost a total of 50lbs and 96 inches. However, finances prevented me from continuing the program. In a few short months after giving up the program I not only put the weight back on that I lost but more besides. I will not do it again. Very discouraging and not to mention very expensive. I was paying 303.00 a month quite a bit if money if you ask me. I did not feel hungry on it and I felt good but not so good when I gave it up.

I hope this helps.

Trina
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    I did it and would never do it again! I was so hungry all the time that I could hardly focus. I could have spent the $150 (10 day cleanse) on a better alternative and some damn good food! There are healthier alternatives out there!
  • raitch
    raitch Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My parents did Isagenix for a long time. They both lost big... I think my Mom lost over 30 pounds and my Dad lost 65 or so. However after a while they started to resent the shakes, and it just wasn't something they could keep up with long term. As soon as they stopped with the shakes they both put the weight back on plus some. It was very expensive and the friend who sold it to them was always trying to sell them on each new product that came out. Pellets, candy-like chews, shakes... don't do it to yourself. Eat real food :)
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just signed up and well, I guess, I have to do it now. I am optimistic though because I need a kick start! for 30 days, as they say 21 days helps you form a habit. I am hoping to form a habit of eating healthier.So glad I discovered MFP, too, will help me keep the lost weight off. I need structure and a plan, otherwise I will be changing my mind tomorrow. I am feeling very committeed and excited.
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    I did two months of the weight-loss program followed by one month of the maintenance program. I lost a lot of weight (30ish lbs in that time). It was hard, I was starving and when I'm starving I'm grumpy to be around. The first month I was hardcore about it. The second month I was starting ease off and didn't see the results the same. It made it very hard to be social since we were doing regular potluck style meals with friends I would be drinking my shake.

I put the weight back on. The problem is that I never learned how to improve my eating habits. I didn't know where my down falls were and I couldn't afford to continue with the program forever. Once the three months were up the weight creeped back up.

I believe I will have better long term success using mfp. The weight isn't coming off as quickly, but everything I am doing is sustainable. My husband appreciates me being less grumpy since I'm not starving all the time.

I'm not saying "don't do isagenix", but I am saying is that it wasn't right for me.

You hit it right on the head when you said "I put the weight back on. The problem is that I never learned how to improve my eating habits. I didn't know where my down falls were and I couldn't afford to continue with the program forever. Once the three months were up the weight creeped back up."

I guess you can say I did the cleanse very successfully. I lost 12 lbs in 9 days. However, it ALL came back plus some because it does not teach you anything about everyday nutrition.

I will be honest the fast results are very tempting which is why I did it in the first place. I have tried since to do it again but I cannot stand the hunger!!! The cleanse days are absolutely terrible. Oh and the cleanse drink is the most vile drink on the planet. I have since realized that I need to do this the old fashioned way.
  • fuzzybear123
    fuzzybear123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Why do they say "release" the weight? Is it liquifying and going out the toilet? I noticed that alot with Isagenix users-- they all say they released weight...
  • londascott
    londascott Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Did you exercise to lose that weight or only do the program?