Hello, Everyone.

Options
I have FINALLY made a real attempt at a healthy diet. I did a healthy detox and I am now slowly beginning to introduce a healthier food options to myself. I have seen how easy it can be so I think Ill have some success.

I do have a question. What is with these "cheat days"? Are they worth it or are they just damaging to your overall outcome? And also, if you do allow a cheat day how do you restrict it? I mean, what constitutes a "healthy cheat day"? It cant just be a day of pigging out, right?

Id love to hear your thoughts, thanks!

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I have FINALLY made a real attempt at a healthy diet. I did a healthy detox and I am now slowly beginning to introduce a healthier food options to myself. I have seen how easy it can be so I think Ill have some success.

I do have a question. What is with these "cheat days"? Are they worth it or are they just damaging to your overall outcome? And also, if you do allow a cheat day how do you restrict it? I mean, what constitutes a "healthy cheat day"? It cant just be a day of pigging out, right?

Id love to hear your thoughts, thanks!

Hi, and welcome.
    Seems like every time I'VE tried to have a cheat meal or day, I gain weight. But, an awful lot of MFPers say that their metabolism goes up and they lose. Guess you'll have to try it and see for yourself! :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • acheriegowin
    Options
    Thanks, guys. I really think this site is going to help.

I think I want to do some sort of moderate cheat day, but I really dont want to gain any weight back. I just dont want to deny myself everything and then fall off the wagon totally, but like I said, I think there should be some limitations. Im just not sure what the limitations should be.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

I think I want to do some sort of moderate cheat day, but I really dont want to gain any weight back. I just dont want to deny myself everything and then fall off the wagon totally, but like I said, I think there should be some limitations. Im just not sure what the limitations should be.

If you get lots of exercise in when you want something, like I do when I want a McDonald's double cheeseburger, or even Chinese food, you'll be ok. I never really deprived myself, and THAT'S precisely why I WAS able to lose the weight that I wanted to. :happy:
  • acheriegowin
    Options

If you get lots of exercise in when you want something, like I do when I want a McDonald's double cheeseburger, or even Chinese food, you'll be ok. I never really deprived myself, and THAT'S precisely why I WAS able to lose the weight that I wanted to. :happy:

Thats a good idea, thanks.