Excerising In the Evenings Alone

Options
2»

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I go rollerblading in the early AM. Like 5:30. I take pepper spray with me when I do. And a strobe light. I got those for about $10 total at a sports store. :smile:

There are also some great DVDs to workout at home if you don't feel safe. Walk away the pounds by leslie sansone is supposed to be good. I like Jillian Michaels DVDs and Tae Bo.

Good luck
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Is there a nicer/safer neighborhood you could drive to and walk there, or a track that you could walk at. It sucks to think you can't go outside and walk. I am fortunate that I have a safe area to walk in. Be sure to stay aware of your surroundings, if you listen to music, consider taking one ear bud out so that you can hear whats going on around you.
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    Try some of the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds DVD's- You can go to CollageVideo.com and preview them beofre buying. You do them in the comfort of your own home and it does not take up a lot of space to do them. Not sure where you live but you can also get them at Target & Walmart stores-for days when you can't get out or have no one to walk with. Better to be safe! :smile:

This. ^^^ It works well into my schedule, especially on rainy days.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Go to Walmart or Target and look for the WALK AWAY THE POUNDS by Leslie Sansone DVDs (in the fitness/exercise section)about $9-10, there's a bunch of them, and you can Google to see them.
    Really great walking program you can do in the comfort and safety of your own home!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I run most nights with my dog who is a beagle. I usually don't hit the pavement till about 10pm and usually for 45 minutes.

I carry Mace and my mama finally convinced me to carry a little knife blade which I named Nina. I catch a TON of shi*t from people because I run alone in not the greatest area but Jada needs to run and its the only time I have...
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I walk at a local park at 4:00 a.m. each morning. A border collie and a .45 are my walking companions. :o

Lol...I have a 9mm, and a lab.
  • RARFATNOMORE
    Options
    Try waliking at the near by schools it is safer. I do it every evening and at the high schools sometimes there are activities are going on
  • Candi188
    Candi188 Posts: 3
    Options
    Luckily, I live near a big neighborhood and a lot of families and older people live there. I walk or bike thru there in the daytime and someone is always out walking or working in their yard.