Which DVD Workout for a Newbie?

Options
I have been looking at Insanity Workout, P90 and also maxworkouts...

I have never done DVD Fitness before but am keen to try and will try hard, but I dont think Im quite ready for Insanity...

Any advice please?

Replies

• tiguer
    tiguer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump - cuz I would like to know too!
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    There are a bazillion great DVD workouts. What you do totally depends on your fitness level, how much equipment you have (weights, step aerobics platform), what type of workout you want (strength, cardio), etc. videofitness.com has great reviews of all kinds of workout videos.
  • Mia627
    Mia627 Posts: 34
    Options
    When I first started exercising and getting into fitness a few years ago I started with Leslie Sansone walking at home videos. They were the perfect beginner exercise and then gradually worked into running outdoors. I highly recommend them for someone who is just starting out. I also love the 10 minute workouts such as yoga. Good luck!
  • kklemarow
    kklemarow Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds silly but if you're just starting out, try Richard Simmons 'sweatin' to the oldies'. When I was in university, this was the only video I could get my hands on and I lost 25lbs with it! When it got a little too easy, I just added wrist/ankle weights.

If you're more advanced, try the turbojam series - I love it!
  • tinaloveshotpants
    tinaloveshotpants Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If your in the uk, davinas workout DVD are good