Broad shoulders

I am one of those unlucky girls who have "man shoulders" and that's one of the last spots I wanna gain a ton of muscle. Does anybody know how to tone it up without building the muscles too much. I don't want to look like a body builder, just not flabby. Help!

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    There's no such thing as toning so if you don't want to gain muscle, don't do shoulder exercises. Just keep a calorie deficit to reduce fat until you can see your existing muscle.
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    I don't think I have the broadest shoulders but I've found that working them right really emphasizes your arms/shoulders/collarbone in a good way. Just doing the general biceps curl, shoulder presses and even chest presses can balance everything. When you get to the muscular point you want to be at, just stop. Losing weight all over (and therefore in your shoulders, too) will make them look good and then you can build muscle from there to make you look fit but not like a linebacker. :)
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    I have really broad shoulders. It makes your waist look small even when it's not. Like Dope said, don't do shoulder exercises if you don't want extra muscle there ...

but if you do shoulders and trap work, you can really get a nice tapered look. :)