losing weight/exercise = hair loss

Options
ashbee03
ashbee03 Posts: 270 Member
hello, i don't know if this is the right spot. but seemed most fitting to me.
i have been overweight my whole life almost, and i have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
caused by obesity i'm guessing.

i have been to a few doctors, and basically all they say is that if i lose weight .. my excess hair will stop.

i am just wondering if there are any other ladies on here, (considering we were all large at some point, and i'm not the only one) that have this problem of excess body/facial hair.
basically hair where it shouldn't be on us ladies.

and if in fact, it does improve with weight loss ?

i just can't believe that when i lose all my weight, the hair will just stop.
it seems to be part of me now, but i hate it.

makes my stress and self conciousness worse.

Replies

• Jani4Joy
    Jani4Joy Posts: 3
    Options
    HI -
    Not sure if losing weight will stop the hair - it's my understanding that once it starts growing it pretty much stays. I have the same problem and have tried electrolysis and laser hair removal. I had more luck with the electrolysis but probably spent $1000 total and still have issues. I did notice when I lost 35 lbs about 5 years ago that it did seem to slow the growth but that may have just been wishful thinking.....

Sorry to be a debbie downer and take away any hope. I think everyone is different though so who knows how it would be for you. At this point I would be thrilled with thinner, slower growing hair! :)
  • PulchritudinousLady
    PulchritudinousLady Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    OMG -- if you DO start noticing hair loss, you need to post on these forums!!! Yell it from the mountain tops!

I don't have PCOS but I'm getting older and would love to not worry about weird hair growing in odd, embarrassing places. (Enjoy thy youth!)
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I only noticed growing more hair on my arms and legs after I had my child.. Would love to see it growing so fast if I lose weight :P