Gained Calorie Accuracy / Zumba ???

Options
I have noticed that the calories MFP gives me vs. the calories my machines say I'm burning differ significantly.
(Machines saying much lower than MFP).

So would it be unhealthy not to use the "extra calories" for food that it gives me when I have gained calories for workouts?

Also, I can't find Zumba in the exercises! What would be a description comparable to Zumba? I have my first class tonight!

Thanks everyone.

Replies

• lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor for all my cardio. I find that the machines and MFP over- inflate the calories burned, so I use the reading on my HRM. If you don't have a HRM, I would log Zumba under aerobics or dancing. I just wouldn't get to close to eating all the extra calories they give you so you aren't accidentally going over in the likely event they are overestimating.
  • jeturner4
    jeturner4 Posts: 11
    Options
    I logged it under dancing for my first day because it says that dancing burns fewer calories than aerobics and you're right: I already feel like this site is pretty generous with "gained calories" from workouts. So until I get an HRM that's what I'll do. Thanks for the tip! :)