Protein Powder/ Or Chalk dust???

Options
I am thinking of starting to use Protien powder maybe mixing it into smoothies and pancakes and stuff. Just curious on what is the best one? Brand name and such, even one that may taste good? I have only tried Special K and Fiber one Protien Shakes, I am guessing that the taste of these do not even come close to the taste of just mixing powder with water. Help please :)

Replies

• ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I just switched to Gaspari's Myofusion Probiotic series. The Cinnamon Roll is delicious.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I just switched to Gaspari's Myofusion Probiotic series. The Cinnamon Roll is delicious.

This brand is my favorite and my favorite flavor is milk chocolate!
  • Banker2Bikini
    Banker2Bikini Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Any special place that sells that brand?
  • bstall1976
    bstall1976 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I really like any of the flavors from Iforce Nutrition. The Myofusion are really good as well. You can order online for the best prices.
    other brands to look into. Dymatize Elite Gourmet and Elite XT. BSN syntha6 is really good but high in calories as is Extreme Formulations ultra peptide 2.0. I also REALLY like trunutrition trutein. Great macros and great taste in the cinnabun, vanilla, and banana.

bodybuilding.com
    getrippednutrition.com
    nutraplanet.com
    buildingbrawn.com

They will all have about the same prices, but some have specials, discounts.

U have ordered from all these sites with ZERO problems.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Whichever is the cheapest.

I get the big 5 lb EAS sacks at BJ's. Only $32, the cheapest I've ever found it in a store you can go to (as opposed to the 'net).
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Any special place that sells that brand?

Best price and good customer service is SB Muscle on line. I get the 10 lb bag, lasts me about 2 months, for about $74 plus a flat rate of $7.95 for shipping.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Trutein is simply the best. You will look no further.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Trutein is simply the best. You will look no further.

This.

At 115-120 cals and 24-25g protein per scoop? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. (Choc Dipped Strawberry and Cinnabun OMNOMNOM)

Go to Trutein's website and buy some samples to test which you like the best. Then go to other online retailers.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    My husband and I use the GNC Lean 25 Protein powder. It's is DELICIOUS! We buy the Rich chocolate, and it doesn't taste far off from a milk shake when mixed with 8-10oz of milk. It has 25 grams of protein and 200 calories (mostly protein). It's kind of pricey, but GNC always has buy one get one 1/2 off, so we get 2 containers for about $65, and it makes about 16 shakes per container. I highly recommend this powder. It's good, it's filling, it has lots of protein, and it absolutely does not taste like chalk!!
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    ViSalus Vi-shape ... the best by far !
    One flavor - "sweet cream" so it's incredibly versatile. No chalky taste, no residue. Smooth blending.
    Lactose and gluten free and the ONLY one on the market where your body actually absorbs the protein vs flushing it down the loo.
    You can order it online and have it shipped directly to you...
    $49.99 for 30 servings.

Google it, the stuff is amazing !

itstartswithyou.bodybyvi.com