Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    yuup, happened to me as well
  • Anglcndle
    Anglcndle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Made me feel so much better to read this! I have been on my diet for 30 days and have spotted on and off since after the first week. Was starting to think my IUD was in the wrong place! Hoping it doesn't last much longer than this. Anyone else had longer than 30 days??
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    totally normal.....I've been on Yaz for over 5 years.....the first timeI cut my calories way back and started exercising more frequently it disappeared altogether for about 2 months....your body is readjusting hormone levels.
  • southernsweetie1978
    southernsweetie1978 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I had that problem too but I had switched to a lower dose for a while and so my doctor gave me a higher dose and haven't had problems with it anymore.
  • nessa786
    nessa786 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Havent had a period for 10 months after I had my son (only breastfed for a month). Lost all my baby weight in 2 weeks, but was in college at night and gained 40 lbs in the course of the 10 months (late night meals). I have lost 10 lbs in the last month and finally had a period 2 1/2 weeks ago...and started having a period AGAIN yesterday. I did not miss them LOL
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    totally normal.....I've been on Yaz for over 5 years.....the first timeI cut my calories way back and started exercising more frequently it disappeared altogether for about 2 months....your body is readjusting hormone levels.

If it happens more consistently,talk to your doctor about changing birth control-there are different levels and types of hormones that affect al women differently. for those not on bc, if you're not sexually active, no reason to be alarmed obviously....your body will adjust in a few months. For all who are on bc or not and are sexually active....take a pregnancy test if you are at all concerned about missed periods, spotting,etc. Cant hurt and gives you peace of mind. Usually it just takes a few months for everything in your body to readjust to new eating and exercise patterns.

Though I was told that the more weight a woman loses, the more efficacy the bc has....in other words, its good to lose the weight bc it provides better protection, even if it does mean a couple lousy months of worse than normal/odd periods.
  • southernsweetie1978
    southernsweetie1978 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Well my problem got better with this and now I have been eating healthier and exercising more and it's come back. I also messed up though and didn't take my pills two days on cycle this month so I ended up doubling the dose two different days. I wonder if that is what did it.
  • MadeInDR022
    MadeInDR022 Posts: 260
    Options
    HA! This explains it!
  • glitterisacolor
    Options
    I'm so glad to see this. I googled a question and of course it took me here, my most reliable place.

On NuvaRing over a year, continuous, haven't had a period til the last three weeks have been spotting. Thanks guys, now I'm not so afraid to talk to the doctor!
  • kjadecard
    kjadecard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on the mini pill so don't have periods at all lost 1stone 5pounds and started 2.5 mile walks and have come on for the first time in years, glad it's not just me!
  • Clawsal
    Clawsal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Since my weight gain my period was gone - I have PCOS. I started dieting and losing weight and it is BACK! I am actually HAPPY about that :)!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies of MFP,

I have only been on this site for about 2 weeks now, and have lost 5 pounds. I am on Levora birth control pills, and have been for over a year. I am extremely consistent at taking them at exactly the same time every day. I have rarely rarely had problems with spotting before my regular period, but since I have been watching my weight, eating healthier, and exercising more I have experienced more spotting than ever!

Has anyone else on birth control experienced this reaction to their diet/lifestyle change?

Mine was a bit opposite.
    I didn't have TOM for over a month and freaked me out a bit.
    I work in a pharmacy and she told me that a big drop in weight in a month, can cause those issues.
  • shannonprovenzano2812
    shannonprovenzano2812 Posts: 60 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I don't know if this helps, but I recently went to my doctor about an issue similar to this. Before I lost weight, my time of the month was extremely predictable. It came the same day every month, was pretty heavy, and lasted exactly 5 days. I went to the doctor because all of a sudden it got much lighter, would only last a day or two, and was closer to spotting than an actual cycle.

My gyno informed me that's its normal because the "fat cells" have gotten smaller resulting in more frequent, but lighter menstrual cycles.
  • ZaftigBetty
    ZaftigBetty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    emnk5308 wrote: »
    I am not on birth control.. but just now this happened. I've NEVER had spotting after a period.. and today I had some =( Worries me a little bit.. is it normal for that to happen without taking any birth control?

My friend researched it and said that there are things changing in our body on a diet that can increase estrogen levels. This could cause the changes of spotting, having two cycles in a month, etc.