Apricot Ham Steak & Roasted Squash

Options
MissAmyB80
MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
So dinner last night at our house was a huge success. Thank you pinterest - I'm officially obsessed with that site.
Anywho - some recipes to share.
Forgive my crappy recipe writing style.

For the hamsteak - apricot glaze. HOLY MOLY!! This was SO good. SOOOOOOOOOO easy. And even my 2 and 7 year GOBBLED IT UP! It was just the 3 of us - and I used just 1 hamsteak - it was a little over 1 lb. It fed us for dinner - and made 2 more portions for leftovers. 2 lunches for ME! :) Yumm..totally just ate one of them for lunch about an hour ago... mmm.mmmmm.......
I just basically heated that up the ham in a grill pan - about 2 min a side over med heat. They're all pre-cooked usually - but check the package.

Apricot glaze
1/2 cup apricot preserves (I used a sugar free jar I had from Aldi - Lite & Fit)
1 T apple cider vinegar
1/4 t ground ginger
dash salt

Just put all that in small saucepan and combine and heat through. I then put my hamsteak on a plate/platter and poured the glaze over. It was seriously - PHENOMENAL. Sure - it's pry pretty subjective based on the ham steak and the type of preserves. But the combo of what I had was perfection. And FYI - SUPER cheap meal.

Another big hit from dinner last night was roasted Squash. No recipe here - totally made it up.
I had a pretty small - adorable little butternut squash. Peeled it and cubed it to small cubes....the size of a dice maybe? Took one apple (I don't know what kind - the kind that was currently in my fridge - sorry...) and cubed it up same size. Half an onion - also cut up to similar size bits. Put all that in a gallon ziplock. Drizzled in a TINY bit of olive oil...maybe a tsp or two. Then a bit of cinnamon - maybe 1/4 teaspoon. A little crushed red pepper - cuz I like it a little spicy. And some good old salt & pepper. Close the bag. Shake shake shake...get that oil and spices alllll over your squashy apple goodness. My kids are particularly fond of helping with this step - just make sure you have a good bag and you sealed it good. :wink: Then I spread this out on a foil lined baking sheet - sprayed with non-stick spray. Roasted it at 350 degrees for about 45 min total. Pulled it out and stirred it around in the middle. Of course - cooking time could vary depending on what size you make your chunks.

That was darn good. 2 year old was stuffing squash in her mouth like she was storing it for winter.

Enjoy MFP friends!!! :):)

Replies

• buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    YUM!!! I have done Apricot glaze over pork chops before. YOu can get the smoked thin ones and dump a jar of the glaze over it....no need to add extra anything. Heat it up and enjoy! Another good side is roasted asparagus. Just line them up on a foil covered cookie sheet, drizzle olive oil and minced garlic (we have a jar of it at all times in the fridge!) and roast at about 425-450 for 15-20 minutes (depending on amount and your oven) VERY VERY GOOD!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Sounds yum :) if youre little girl will eat it, maybe my bf will eat it! ha