I HATE THE SCALE. NO I HATE SCALES

Options
2»

Replies

• Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    How about this: Find something that you know exactly what it weighs and put it on your scale! Got a couple of handweights? Then you'll know how accurate your scale is.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

It's stupid because perfectly rational people become irrational with the scale. I do it all the time. I even stop drinking water on some days because of my scale.

This statement is so true, I'm a disabled RN and the scale still makes me feel like I'm manic when I weigh. If it goes up, I'm depressed and when it moves down, I'm happy! I know all the reasons that it fluctuates but that doesn't make me happier lol.

NumberOnScale.jpg

ComplementaryCerealBowl.jpg]
    ComplementaryCerealBowl-1.jpg]
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options
    I put the scale away and take it out on the 1st of every month because I was so sick of letting a number define and derail me. It feels great without it.
    I started doing the same....I get discouraged by it so I just use it once a month.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm a scale obssessor. I'll weigh myself 5 times a day just to see what's going on. In a way it kinda helps keep me motivated cause there are those days I feel like a bloated water buffalo, I hop on the scale and see it hasn't moved since yesterday, and so I figure it's all in my head and move on. If it goes up .5lb or 1lb it just kinda sticks in my head when I'm hiting the gym that night. I only use one day for an official weigh-in though and it's always the same scale. I don't know how accurate it is but a pound lost is a pound lost, regardless of my actual weight I guess.
  • ashleyacee
    ashleyacee Posts: 118
    Options
    [/quote]

This statement is so true, I'm a disabled RN and the scale still makes me feel like I'm manic when I weigh. If it goes up, I'm depressed and when it moves down, I'm happy! I know all the reasons that it fluctuates but that doesn't make me happier lol.

NumberOnScale.jpg
    [/quote]

WOW, this picture instantly made me feel happier. I posted it on facebook and people thanked me for posting it also! SO thank you! :)
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options

NumberOnScale.jpg
    [/quote]

WOW, this picture instantly made me feel happier. I posted it on facebook and people thanked me for posting it also! SO thank you! :)
    [/quote]

Can you imagine if a scale actually could tell you all those things? How much would that thing frigging cost?

Rarely weigh myself. The only number I care about is body-fat percentage.
  • Bippie252
    Bippie252 Posts: 14
    Options
    I actually have a piece of paper over the lbs. on my scale. I only see the body fat, water hydration, and bmi. I don't wan to know my actual weight. Considering i can put on 5 pounds during my menstrual cycle and 2 eating throughout the day.....that number will do me no good. It's about how my clothes feel and other markers. Like I know I've taken in too much salt when my left knee to my ankle swells. Yeah, I can feel it by the end of the day. I've drank too much juice when my poochie gets a bit too jiggly. But a little jiggle is good :) Okay, I'm fortunate to have a boyfriend that likes a bit of curves. Healthy to me is feeling sexy and confident and that isn't dictated by that lbs. number.