Ladies-What do you wear during a tri?

Options
kfox15
kfox15 Posts: 97 Member
So I'm super excited to do my first tri in August but a recent gigantic car problem but the stops on my "gear" budget. This means no tri suit which is what I was planning on wearing. I'm wondering if anyone has experience doing tri's w/o a full suit. I'm most concerned about what to wear for the swin that will still let me transition quickly (it's a sprint). I tried wearing a sports bra under my basic swin suit but water filled it and the drag was terrible. I've also tried workout tops with built in shelf bras but these have not been supporitve enough for my comfort. So i need something that will not drag, dry quickly, and get me through all 3 events. Any suggestions would be great and like I said, my buget is tapped out. Thanks!

Replies

• kfox15
    Options
    Anyone?
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My very first tri I wore a bathing suit under bike shorts. It was reverse tri, so the swim was last. I ran in the bike shorts and just pulled them off for the swim.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I wore tri shorts (you can get them for about $25-30, way cheaper than a suit) and a sport bikini top that I already owned, and then just threw on a tank top over top of the bikini for the bike and run.
  • KellyR72
    KellyR72 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I wore a tri suit which I highly recommend. I know you said your budget was basically zero, but I know there are some pretty good deals out there. (REI has one for under $30!) Good luck and have fun!!
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I guess I didn't have a big support issue...I would have worn my bathing suit then tossed shorts and T-shirt on in transition.

For subsequent tri's I wore trishorts and a tri top...the shorts were $29.00 and the top was clearance, don't remember but a good price.
  • kfox15
    Options
    Oh wow, I didn't realize you could get them that cheap! All the ones I was looking at on amazon were $100+