I've already planned it...

hasiangirl
hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Lol it's not a good idea when I havent even reached my goal weight yet i'm planning to go 2-3lbs under my goal weight so that i can go to an awesome buffet resturaunt called the tin tin and eat 20plates to my face...lol what the f is wrong with me!! :laugh: (not funny...ok yes it is ...but at the same time no its not :laugh: )

Replies

• keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    You might be surprised to find out that after you start eating at the buffet it's not as wonderful as it use to be. I've found that I can't even eat at buffets because it almost grosses me out. To much food and seeing people eat those huge amounts. It is unappetizing.

Changing your eating will change your life. But always for the better!:flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Lol it's not a good idea when I havent even reached my goal weight yet i'm planning to go 2-3lbs under my goal weight so that i can go to an awesome buffet resturaunt called the tin tin and eat 20plates to my face...lol what the f is wrong with me!! :laugh: (not funny...ok yes it is ...but at the same time no its not :laugh: )

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Well I bet Keiko is right - when we ate our favoritve seafood buffet while at the beach - I didn't eat the normal fried scallops and oysters I use to LOVE - they tasted to greasy - I stuck with grilled and steamed....funny how we change
  • Oh I totally agree with your reply. There are times when I'm craving a food and I allow myself to have it and then I just get grossed out by eating all that fat and calories. Also, eating at a buffet is not a horribly bad thing to do as long as you do it in moderation. Eating 20 plates (which I'm sure you were totally exaggerating) would not be a fun thing to deal with afterwards :)

Reward yourself for your weight that you have lost and indulge a little. But stay true to how you want to feel and look. That is the true testament of this weight loss journey!
  • SamiRose
    SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
    You might be surprised to find out that after you start eating at the buffet it's not as wonderful as it use to be. I've found that I can't even eat at buffets because it almost grosses me out. To much food and seeing people eat those huge amounts. It is unappetizing.

Changing your eating will change your life. But always for the better!:flowerforyou:

This is sooooo true for me too!! When you get to the "Grossed-out" point, I feel like thats when my lifestyle has officially changed. I used to be soooooo excited to go to Olive Garden and "pig-out" on the salad, bread sticks, and never ending pasta bowls. I can't even begin to think of doing that! And honestly I feel like my stomach just couldn't handle it anymore. It's almost like my body has been trained to eat X amount, and going over X amount is just no longer an option.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    I agree. I used to go to "all-you-can-eat" sushi but now I'd rather choose from the menu. Although buffet once in a while is fun. I'm learning what the better choices are and if possible do my research before I go.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member

This is sooooo true for me too!! When you get to the "Grossed-out" point, I feel like thats when my lifestyle has officially changed. I used to be soooooo excited to go to Olive Garden and "pig-out" on the salad, bread sticks, and never ending pasta bowls. I can't even begin to think of doing that! And honestly I feel like my stomach just couldn't handle it anymore. It's almost like my body has been trained to eat X amount, and going over X amount is just no longer an option.

That was me! and have desert too! Now I go and either just have soup or split a dinner and have salad with dressing on the side. If we have desert we split that to. Even DH doesn't eat as much there as he use to. I leave there feeling like I had a nice meal. Not like I use to, bloated and miserable because I ate to much.
This discussion has been closed.