80lbs Lost & My First 5k Obstacle/Mud Run – Lots of Pics

Options
I DID IT!! I am beyond excited; so I thought I would share. I have always wanted to participate in a mud/obstacle 5k run but was always too heavy and out of shape. I lost 80lbs on MFP and did my first 5k mud obstacle run this weekend (I should of started with a normal 5k but oh well).

I finished 3rd in my heat, 2nd in my age group and 51st overall (about 500-600 runners total). I am just over the moon with excitement about my results. I was expecting to come in last place.

I also broke my foot in the last obstacle in the race; it was an 80 foot mud slide into a water/mud pit and a big rock (2 foot across) was at the bottom. The rock attacked my foot and now I have a hairline fracture but I finished running the race up a 100 yard hill with a broken foot...woot woot!!

I know you always say pics or it didn’t happen; so here you go!! If I can do this, anyone can do this!! I couldn’t run a minute straight when I started working out at 240lbs. Thanks for taking the time to celebrate with me and read my thread. I appreciate you!

Before Weight Loss Pic –
BeforeFront10-10-11-PreOpConsult22.jpg

After Pics from Race –

Playing on the beach before the mud/obstacle run
GunShowBeach-Thread.jpg

Duct taping my shoes on, so many peeps lost their shoes in the mud pits.
DUckTapeShoesNik-Thread.jpg

Watching the first 2 heats cross the finish line and super nervous to run.
NikSitting-Thread.jpg

Before the race, little did I know there was a huge rock hanging out in the bottom of that pit that would cause a hairline fracture in my foot…urgh!
NikandPitBrokeFoot-Thread.jpg

After the race, I didn’t get a pic of me super muddy. I was power washed by the fire trucks before this pic. It was a blast but I was hurting a bunch.
NikAfter-Thread.jpg

Replies

• crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look great! Great motivational story! Sorry you hurt your foot!
  • BrittanyFordham
    Options
    WOW!!! You are sooooo motivating to me! I can't wait to accomplish all that you have accomplished. You look amazing and are always so encouraging! :) way to go girl! Sorry about your foot though!!
  • Ghostpoo
    Ghostpoo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow, you rock girl!! Sorry to hear about your foot, but today, you are my hero!!
  • RyanJS81
    RyanJS81 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. YOUR AWESOME!... So happy for what you accomplished and I'm sure you will have many many more like that in your future.

Take care of that foot... :)
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    freaking awesome! you rock girl!
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I posted this in the wrong section. Please let me know how to delete. Thanks.