EPIC (for me) NSV

Options
RocketsGirl
RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
So when I started this site I couldn't walk up the stairs without feeling like I was going to die. It was bad. I weighed in at 446lbs and just knew it was time to do something. So a few months after I started I was feeling so much better that I went out to a local festival (the infamous Bluebonnet Festival incident) and well while I was able to last longer then I would have before I started it still was not a good ending for me.

So two weeks ago I embarked on a road trip with my best friend. The fact that I took this trip was a NSV because I never would have had the guts to do it before MFP. So we did 5 states, 3993 miles in 10 days. With stops in Roswell (see picture), Las Vegas, and Ventura, CA.

This trip brought me NSV both big and small. The small ones ranged from having the nerve to wear shorts that fit, I mean actually fit and were not 4 sizes to big, out in public and being perfectly ok with it...to being able to comfortably fit in the seats at the Criss Angel show....to going to see Thunder from Down Under (and well that show alone was worth the trip!). These things I would have never had the courage or security to do before.

But for the BIG NSV...during the trip we took a day tour to the Grand Canyon, THE GRAND CANYON! I have ALWAYS wanted to go to the Grand Canyon and let me tell you it did not dissapoint! I walked and hiked and went out on the Sky Walk and in general really was able to do things I never would have been able to do before. I was not super tired or overly winded from doing this either!

I STOOD AT THE EDGE OF THE GRAND CANYON!!

That was the most amazing thing. My best friend, who weighs a lot less than I do, did not have the fitness to get out and hike around and really experience it. That really showed me that weight does NOT = fitness!

So that is my NSV....it showed me just how far I have come and made me excited for future changes. I am already mentally planning that next road trip!!

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooooooooooooooo proud of you, gorgeous!
  • NoraMich84
    NoraMich84 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That is fabulous!!!! Keep working it out!!! I sooo want to go to the grand canyon too.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    A wonderful accomplishment. You should be so very proud of yourself. *hug*
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!! I be very proud of you!!!
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Love this!!!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    You are phenomenal. And you better be planning another road trip...I think your alien is in love.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    this is AWESOME!!!!

highsix.gif

actually ticking off the bucket list is the BEST feeling in the WORLD. so fantastic!!
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Awesome, congrats to you!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am so flippin proud of you - that is WONDERFUL!!!! Congratulations on the wonderful success
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success, and having the you-know-whats to do the Sky Bridge. :sick:
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    All I can say is.........WOW! :flowerforyou:
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You brought tears to my eyes, your excitement is contagious. You have got to be so proud of yourself, every small NSV is a big one to me and I love to see that be the same way for others as life is meant to be celebrated!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    That's great. It sounds like you had an awesome time. Imagine the things you'll exerperience in the future. Watch out world!
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Great NSV, being able to live your life. I have been to the Grand Canyon once. It's amazing isn't it? Nothing prepares you to walk up to the edge. No picture, no movie, no description. It was just overpowering.

If you get a chance head up to Bryce. It isn't as overpowering, but I thought it was more beautiful.
  • Boss_Man_J
    Options
    F*cking awesome!!
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Great NSV, being able to live your life. I have been to the Grand Canyon once. It's amazing isn't it? Nothing prepares you to walk up to the edge. No picture, no movie, no description. It was just overpowering.

If you get a chance head up to Bryce. It isn't as overpowering, but I thought it was more beautiful.

your right absolutely nothing can prepare you for it. just stunning.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Whooot! :bigsmile:
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's great that you had so many small NSVs that eventually led up to a huge one and you hiked at the Grand Canyon!! I know that had to be awesome! :)
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Welcome to your own life!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    *tackle hugs* I heart you so effing hard! You are amazing and wonderful and I TOLD you you could rock those shorts!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!