30DS - How Long Does It Last?

Options
30 days, I know...

I bought the 30DS DVD back in November 2010, when I started all this. My plan was to store it away, and just work on getting my weight down until I was 10lbs from my goal, and then bring it out and use it to kick-start my toning efforts.

My plan's recently changed, I'm working on toning alongside weight loss, and I want to bring 30DS out earlier than planned.

I've decided I'd like to finish it the day before my 25th birthday, so that's 16th September this year. However, I don't know when I should start it for that.

Obviously it takes thirty days if you don't stick on a level for longer than intended, but are you expected to do it every day of the week or is a break schedule included?

I take a day off each Sunday, so that would need to be incorporated. Do I need to add in these break days, or does the 30DS actually take..say...26 days and breaks? Thanks!

Replies

• Rosetta2015
    Rosetta2015 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think it's 30 days continuous. 10 days at each level, so if you take days off, you'll have to add them in yourself. It's a really good workout i've found. Although i don't do it properly... I do it sporadically so don't expect to get past level one for quite some time.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I think it's 30 days continuous. 10 days at each level, so if you take days off, you'll have to add them in yourself. It's a really good workout i've found. Although i don't do it properly... I do it sporadically so don't expect to get past level one for quite some time.

Thanks very much! I'll get planning now.
  • fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Depends on you and your fitness level. I'm doing it now and it killed me. I had to take two days off because I was so sore. Back at it tomorrow though. I would say, try it one day,.see what u think and then plan accordingly.
  • pinkwhisk
    pinkwhisk Posts: 41
    Options
    add in the break days so you do a full 30, however, its really short so you should be able to do 30 days back-to-back. My advice is don't expect miracles from the 30ds, my results were 10lbs lost & 22.5cm (most my chest and waist).
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels recommends you do it 5 days a week. Rest days are important. That would make it 2 weeks at each level :smile:
  • ScarredVampiress
    Options
    Just started last monday, and am doing each level for 5 days...just for fun, to see how it goes, compared to 30 days. But I also want to be as toned as I can be for when I go on holiday in two weeks and go swimming with friends and all that. It's pretty fun! I also take breaks on weekends(2 days).
  • bostonmom23
    bostonmom23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I do 2 days in a row, then do a cardio day. it takes me a bit longer but I don;t think it is a good idea to do 30 days in a row.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I saw a video somewhere (can't remember where - sorry! maybe google it?) of Jillian Michaels talking about the 30DS. She said that you're not supposed to do it every single day, but have rest days. She said the title of the DVD was more a marketing thing from the producers.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll start on 14th July. Gives me eight weeks at four days a week, with a week of leeway if I need it.