Figuring out calories/my daily activity level, tdee....HELP!

Options
So, I'm a bit confused as to how I should go about figuring out my daily calorie need.

My daily activity level varies from day to day because of work (some days I'm all over my store, other days I'm sort of in one little area, and then I have days off) and gym time. I had it set on lightly active, and since my 10lb weight loss, went down to 1380 cals/day- from 1430. I have a pedometer now, and today at work alone (I took it off at the gym) I've burned 445 calories from walking (4.24 mi). Would I be better off to set my activity level to sedentary, and add my daily walking cals, plus exercise time? I set it to this to see the amount of calories I'd be allowed at sedentary, and it's 1210.

I work 4-5 days a week,8-10 hour shifts, and work out at the gym at least 2 days a week. I'm trying to go 5 days a week, but I at least do some WiiFit on non-gym days.

The thing is, at 1430 calories, I wasn't starving. I had learned in a short amount of time when I was satisfied and could stop eating, as opposed to eating everything in front of me. Of course I have my days where I'm having my starving moment, but I did that before I started my journey, as well. I can't really comment on being at 1380, as this just happened yesterday. I've been fine so far today. I'm afraid 1210 is too little (WiiFit days don't burn that many calories). I don't want to slow my metabolism down more than it already is.

I've read about eat more weigh less, tdee, bmr, and all that, and I'm wondering if this is the right route. But it seems like a lot of calories to jump from 1430 to 2079 (nonworkoutdays). I've worked hard to lose the 10 lbs I have (down 15 lbs total) and I don't want to gain it back, even temporarily.

Should I keep it at lightly active? Move to sedentary and add my pedometer calories? Just keep it at 1430? Up it more? With so many options, I'm soooo confused, and frustrated, because I want to lose the weight and it keep it off- and I want to do it RIGHT so there's no gain in my future.

*****And before anyone suggests it, I just want to throw it out there that I do plan on buying a fitbit in a few weeks, but I've just made a few big ticket purchases, trying to start a photog biz, and my bank account can't take another big purchase like that right now****

Any help is MOST appreciated, and any other inputs you have are welcome:) And feel free to add me- I love having active friends on here, it only helps motivate me more!

Replies

• Ifican
    Ifican Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am sending you a PM right now so please read.

But the jist of it for everyone else is, figure out what your average activity level is and go from there. You may have to adjust calories up or down slightly, you know what your goal is, as long as you are moving in the right direction all is well.