Women! Losing weight in boobs mostly

Options
Okay ladies so I've lost 26lbs in 55 days and I have some pictures (not worth showing yet) but I haven't noticed a thing. The only thing I can tell so far that has changed is my bra can hinge on the middle notch now and not the last one. And the cups on my bra seem awfully big compared to before. Basically my boobs have shrunk and nothing else when my main problem area is my stomach.
I know I can feel that I have lost weight but I can't see it. Is that normal? Is anyone else having this issue?
Thanks

Replies

• JadedSouls
    JadedSouls Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The chest area is where I always start losing weight from first -- after six weeks I lost 7.25" in my chest area alone and my bras were getting too big *lol*
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I went from D's to B's in the first 6 months. About 55 pounds down and only 10 from my goal but still working on the belly. Can't pick where it comes from unfortunately.
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    im down 2 cup sizes and a band size. i haaate it lol
  • IamKendall
    IamKendall Posts: 21
    Options
    I've lost about 42lbs total and am down from 42" to 36"... from 3xD to D. It's mostly fat so ya, it's normal. Unfortunatley whats left is not so pretty... oh well! Good luck!
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped - so this happened to me too - and they weren't big to begin with - :sad: But dont be too discouraged, keep at it, and the rest of your body will follow. Even though I have small small boobies now, the rest of me is much smaller too :flowerforyou:
  • cHaRlIe0411
    cHaRlIe0411 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost boob sizes, but after the first 10 pounds I started seeing my clavicles more as well as hipbones and wrist bones. However I didn't notice my belly changing, but people who haven't seen me for several months keep asking me if i,ve lost weight! Sometimes it takes several pairs of eyes to see it.
  • Jeepers133
    Jeepers133 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I went from DD to C! :(
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Yep.....I lose from my upper body mostly in the beginning....thats just the way I was made. But eventually, you start losing down the bottom, too.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies so I've lost 26lbs in 55 days and I have some pictures (not worth showing yet) but I haven't noticed a thing. The only thing I can tell so far that has changed is my bra can hinge on the middle notch now and not the last one. And the cups on my bra seem awfully big compared to before. Basically my boobs have shrunk and nothing else when my main problem area is my stomach.
    I know I can feel that I have lost weight but I can't see it. Is that normal? Is anyone else having this issue?
    Thanks

Exactly what I went through...Dropped some weight...all in the boobs...finally it seems to be shifting some because I can fit into my smaller pants now. Frustrating to have to buy new bras but not new pants.

We (women) tend to lose top down, and then it is all SUPPOSED to re-arrange itself. Eager to see that happen.
    I also started lotion-ing the saggy skin on my belly to hope that it doesn't always look like a deflated balloon.
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have always been big chested so I don't think my girls will go away COMPLETELY but I have noticed that they are getting smaller. The first thing that went away for me was by butt :(
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Lol I wish. 42 lbs down and nada from my boobs.
  • jen7eleven
    jen7eleven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    A few years back I went on a very restrictive diet - no white bread or rice, no beef, pork, chicken, and nothing fried.

While it worked wonders on the scale, I was unhappy all the time and I went from 44DDD to 40D.

Then I got married and the diet went out the window. So now I'm trying to implement actual life changes: practice better portion control and exercise more. I've been steady at 42DD for a while now even with the changes. Hopefully it won't be too big of a quick/drastic change because bras can get pretty expensive! :laugh:
  • CazLovesCalories
    CazLovesCalories Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have noticed back fat going, but not my boobs...this makes me very sad, but my boyfriend very happy lol
  • jwshmoe75
    jwshmoe75 Posts: 119
    Options
    I lose in my boobs and stomach before anything else.
  • DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Options
    A lot of it comes down to genetics. Since dieting, my band size has decreased, but my cup size has gone up. Hopefully it stays that way ....
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 75lbs and noticed no difference in my chest size other then the back fat.

I read somewhere that men store fat around their stomach area for easy energy. And women store fat in legs/hips/stomach area for pregnancy/in case of food shortage. Im not sure how true this "evolution" theory is but I have noticed that my body has really struggled with me to give up those unwanted pounds :)

I wonder if apple shape/pear shape bodies play a part in where you lose weight first.
  • eliamunch
    eliamunch Posts: 18
    Options
    This was something I was worried about! I mean I'm only a B I can't afford to go down any smaller! lol
  • kariberi84
    kariberi84 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    If I lose even 3/4 of my boob size I will be HAPPY!! lol
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I started out at 38H and now 68lbs. later and less than 10lbs to goal, I'm down to 34FF. I'm hoping they shrink even more!
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Everyone critisizes my boobs for being "way too big" so im hoping i loose a bit like some people!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!