Binge Days- mostly for the ladies I think!

Options
OK guys. I have had it with eating myself straight into not losing any weight due to those 2-4 day right before that time of the month. All the rest of the month I am pretty good at having water and waiting to see if I am really hungry or just bored but today and the last few days I have just been so hungry, I'm insatiable!

Please help me out with some suggestions, has anyone else found a way to combat this time? I have given up alcohol and exercise every day and I'm tired of blowing it all with the one week!

Thanks for your suggestions

Twinkie

Replies

• MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't showing a huge intake. Chances are you really aren't eating back all the cals/weight over a two day period anyway. Just hang tough. Treat yourself a little. Many of us hit a plateau for one reason or another. You have increased your riding so it stands to reason you are building muscle. I go through this body transformation when that happens. Measure, measure , measure. If this doesn't show a loss in inches then I'd re-evaluate my eating habits. I gained back some weight but I knew I wasn't eating right! I've lost almost all that weight and am back on track now. I started eating big leafy dark green salads with nuts and chicken. This boosted my energy and helped me lose. :love: Tracy
  • twinkietigress
    twinkietigress Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tracy,

Probably just being impatient! Guess like everything else this too shall pass!
    :) TT
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It get's frustrating. Sometimes we have to change a few items we eat or shake things up with a fast. TOM never helps...You are doing excellent in the fitness department! If things don't change in a few weeks you can re-evaluate. Let me know if you want to try something new. T.:explode:
  • Masharitos
    Masharitos Posts: 106
    Options
    If you consume a lot of carbohydrates on those days, you can try taking ALA (alpha lipoic acid). It shuttles unused energy to your muscles instead of into fat cells. Maybe look into glucomannan. You can cut your calories in half by adding Miracle Noodles to any meal.

Before I started Keto, I would always have a ton of different nuts and dried fruits on hand for snacking, and of course some Lindt chocolate. If you get 99%, you have no choice but to savor each tiny piece because it's not full of sugar, and you have to let your mouth get used to the flavor. At this point, my brain tricks me into tasting sweetness (which isn't there at all).

Definitely measure body fat! It's hard not to weigh yourself because that's what we've been taught to do. But that doesn't matter, especially if you're retaining water. Invest in a caliper, or a BF analyzer.

Lastly, don't give up. Everyone plateaus at some point. As long as you are treating your body with respect, you're doing a great job!