Avocado??

Options
i'm just starting to eat avocados! please let me know how YOU like them??? I want to try different ways!

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I love them in salads, and, of course guacomole! When I was on Jenny Craig years ago, it was one of the foods you were told to avoid like the plague. Glad I am not on JC anymore. ;)
  • jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Pudding! I had this for breakfast:

http://www.thekitchn.com/avocado-breakfast-pudding-from-146024

Also sliced and drizzled with lime juice and salt.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I eat mine plain or as guacamole with cilantro, onions, and tomatoes. I also add it to my salads, sandwiches, and tacos. Yummy!!
  • Sarahkittymeoww
    Options
    i'm just starting to eat avocados! please let me know how YOU like them??? I want to try different ways!

Mmmm I love 'em and avocado slices are great on whole wheat toast with just a smidge of low fat mayo and some tomato slices !
  • onmyway31
    onmyway31 Posts: 66
    Options
    with eggs, with brown rice, or in a salad and of course guacamole !
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    slice it up with a sliced tomato.... put a little salt and a little Catalina dressing over them. SO GOOD!! I also like them sliced on a turkey sandwich!
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I love avocado so I'll eat them with a spoon out of the shell.

They're delicious on sandwiches and salads.

Throw them in a blender or food processor with some lime juice for yummy salad dressing. They also go well in smoothies.

Breakfast burritos. Heck, any burritos.

I am from Southern California so I'm actually having a hard time thinking of a way I would not eat them. I've even had avocado ice cream.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Guacamole, chopped up in salads, sliced thin and used as topping for sammich or burger. Toss in smoothie for extra creaminess. Or heck, straight out of the peel with a spoon. I LOVE avocados!
  • CharMarieDavis
    Options
    I mash them up, mix with salsa and shredded cheese, then dip grilled chicken in it. It's on of my favorite meals. I'll use ground turkey as well.
  • iva001
    iva001 Posts: 162
    Options
    i dice them and add to corn and black beans and lime juice for a side dish for fish. (spices, onion, cilantro etc)
    slice them on a chicken sandwich
    guacamole
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I like em plain, on top of eggs, in a sandwich, etc.

Also good in a "romance" situation. But that's probably TMI. :)
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    second one today :)

they are great.
    lots of advice http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/620463-avocado
  • Royaltvii
    Royaltvii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love them plain or with a little salt. Guacamole is always a good choice. I like them in burritos(my favorite).
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    OMG I love it in Guacamole! I also cut them in half, and eat them with spoon (with nothing else). They also take good on sandwiches and burgers, you can even mash it up to make it more like a spread than chunks.
  • Kenzieb07
    Kenzieb07 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    On sandwiches in place of mayo! Also on turkey burgers... which I am having tonight! =)
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I like them on hamburger....with lettuce and tomato. This would be my improvement over the days of putting mayo and catsup on the burger.....

I often sub avacado where I would have used mayo. I have a friend that swears avacado mashed up with tuna is better than normal tuna salad....have yet to try that one though.
  • QuirkyPanda
    QuirkyPanda Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sliced and sprinkled with coarse kosher salt, crushed black pepper, and lime juice. Mmmmmm!
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THEM. my favorite is to slice them and lay them out with salt, and place a grilled chicken breast with a dollop of sour cream. its awesome.
  • sommerskins
    Options
    I LOVE AVOCADO!! I actually make it with egg whites, jalapeno peppers, spinach and some salsa on a slice of 45 calories and delicious bread!! I make Quinoa, avocado, cucumber and tomato with a splash of red wine vinegar and a splash of olive oil. BBQ chicken salad, grill up a piece of chicken, bbq sauce, lettuce, a bit of corn, a bit of black beans and throw in avocado... YUM!!! I will put in on anything that I can.... Have fun!!
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Love them in a salad with some shrimps, splash of lemon juice