b12 ?

Lil_Leah
Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
i've been told taking vitamin b12 helps with metabolism/energy. so i've thought about picking some up and trying it.

my question is: is this something i need to take with multiple different vitamins? can i take it alone? which would be the best, most effective way?

thanks! :drinker:

Replies

• Hi - according to the mayo clinic:
    There's no evidence that vitamin B-12 in any form — including vitamin B-12 injections — enhances weight loss. One study published in 2005 suggested that people who took a number of different supplements, including vitamin B-12, gained weight more slowly over a 10-year period than did those who took no supplements. However, many factors must be considered when interpreting the study results, including the fact that people who take dietary supplements tend to be more health conscious — which may contribute to better weight management.

If you're hoping to lose weight, resist the lure of quick and easy solutions. What counts is a healthy lifestyle. Enjoy healthier foods and include physical activity in your daily routine.

You can get B12 from:
    Meat
    - Poultry
    - Milk and other dairy products
    - Eggs

Hope that helps! btw where did you get the little guy that goes on the treadmill that's on your post?

H
    - Fish
  • Hi - according to the mayo clinic:
    There's no evidence that vitamin B-12 in any form — including vitamin B-12 injections — enhances weight loss. One study published in 2005 suggested that people who took a number of different supplements, including vitamin B-12, gained weight more slowly over a 10-year period than did those who took no supplements. However, many factors must be considered when interpreting the study results, including the fact that people who take dietary supplements tend to be more health conscious — which may contribute to better weight management.

If you're hoping to lose weight, resist the lure of quick and easy solutions. What counts is a healthy lifestyle. Enjoy healthier foods and include physical activity in your daily routine.

You can get B12 from:
    Meat
    - Poultry
    - Milk and other dairy products
    - Eggs

Hope that helps! btw where did you get the little guy that goes on the treadmill that's on your post?

H
    - Fish

H and fist - good grief! :embarassed: fish is part of the list - not part of my name!:laugh:
  • Lil_Leah
    oh im not looking at it as a quick weight loss solution!! i'm just saying i need a natural energy boost! i'm dead tired all the time and i heard a lot about b12 deficiencies is all. :) i know theres no quick fix!

i just went to google, and typed in smileys, and went to a site that has a ton of them. :flowerforyou:
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    I take a multi vitamin and also a B complex. I dont do it for metabolism reasons, but for energy and mood regulation. It also helps with some medical issues I have.

Theres alot of good books out there on vitamins/supplements....try The Vitamin Bible or better yet, as your doctor and/or pharmacist.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    I take super B-complex and it seems to help with my energy levels. I don't take it every day though. Just on the really sluggish days. :drinker:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    I actually got my first B-12 shot fromt he Dr. on Thursday. I'm not sure I feel much different -

I haven't been sleeping well and struggling during the day. I feel a little less tired in the AM -

I eat plently of Milk and Dairy - but no fish for me either YUK!

Can't hurt to try it
  • Lil_Leah
    is this something i could find at, say, walgreens? any ideas on prices? are they pretty spendy? i was thinking about a multivitamin too.
  • bwilton77
    bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
    is this something i could find at, say, walgreens? any ideas on prices? are they pretty spendy? i was thinking about a multivitamin too.
    I began taking b12 and biotin about a month ago and have seen a big difference not only in my energy levels but also my mood levels. I bought them aftr my doctor recomended them to help with my energy. I bought Nature's Bounty Super Potency Biotin 5000mcg $11.99 and Natures Bounty High Potency B12 500 mcg $9.99 at walgreens they were also on sale buy one get one free so I got a two month supply for the price of one. They did have smaller dosages if you'd prefer to start lower. These have worked great for me and since I began taking them I've also lost 21 pounds so I'm very sure they help with your matabolism. I take the biotin 2 times dail and the b12 2 times daily .Good Luck.:flowerforyou: .
  • Lil_Leah
    I began taking b12 and biotin about a month ago and have seen a big difference not only in my energy levels but also my mood levels. I bought them aftr my doctor recomended them to help with my energy. I bought Nature's Bounty Super Potency Biotin 5000mcg and Natures Bounty High Potency B12 500 mcg at walgreens they were also on sale buy one get one free so I got a two month supply for the price of one. These have worked great for me and since I began taking them I've also lost 21 pounds so I'm very sure they help with your matabolism. Goos Luck.:flowerforyou: .

great! how much were they?
  • bwilton77
    bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
    I began taking b12 and biotin about a month ago and have seen a big difference not only in my energy levels but also my mood levels. I bought them aftr my doctor recomended them to help with my energy. I bought Nature's Bounty Super Potency Biotin 5000mcg and Natures Bounty High Potency B12 500 mcg at walgreens they were also on sale buy one get one free so I got a two month supply for the price of one. These have worked great for me and since I began taking them I've also lost 21 pounds so I'm very sure they help with your matabolism. Goos Luck.:flowerforyou: .

great! how much were they?
    11.99 a bottle but like I said they are usually on sale for buy one get one free. and you get 60 pills in a bottle.
This discussion has been closed.