Hello-First Day.

Options
Hi just found this site today. I started a diet on January 5th 2009 and I have lost 51lbs. The loss now is very, very slow. I follow the Body for Life diet, so I do get one cheat day per week:bigsmile: my goal is 160, I currently have 29lbs to go. I have big hopes of reaching my goal by January..we will see. Anyone else at the stand still point? I am open to all suggestions on how to lose the last 29lbs, I think I will be able to maintain it, but just got to get off the last 29.
I eat 1200 calories per day 6 days per week...(have no idea what the count is on my cheat day) I exercise 3x per week, I have increased my cardio to 45 minutes 3x per week and I do strength training 3x per week.
Please any suggestions please send my way!!
Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey :flowerforyou:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

And believe it or not you might need to eat more!!! :-)

Use the 'Goals' Setting under the "My Home' Tab and check it out.

I used to go on very low calorie diets, and lose a bit, but then start to plateau and get sick of it and just balloon right back up again. Losing it slow and steady is wonderful! But I had to eat a LOT more calories than I thought I should.

But eating the proper amount of calories lets your body lose slowly, and not go into starvation mode. And it lets you adjust to the lower calories slowly as well!!!

Good luck to you! I know you can do it! Everyone here is wonderful too, and will support you!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Seems like you've done well. 51 lbs is great! I agree with eating more....I was also on a plateau and "upped" my calorie intake from 1200 to 1400. Worked like a charm and I have been losing weight consistantly ever since then.

Don't forget to drink your water. I struggle with that so I have to remind myself everyday to get my water in.

Losing it slowly is the way to go so don't be discouraged. Eat healthy - fuel your body with good things (fruits, veggies, etc) and be patient. You'll get there :flowerforyou:

Good luck to you!!!
  • Ladynotary
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I have increased my calories, with good stuff, more veggies and fruit still drinking the water..I will know on Friday when I weigh in!:happy: