Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

A little experiment...

Hi there,

I'm training to be a Personal trainer and am basically using MFP to help me get a better idea of the challenges of losing weight

OK so I’ve been looking at the different things needed by different clients to keep them motivated too succeed which lead me to want to try out a little experiment! I want to see what the link between client personality and motivation is with their relationship with their weight loss with my help. Not sure if that makes sense but basically I’m trying to get a better understanding of the psychology of asking for and getting support with weight loss.

So the experiment…like I mentioned there will be 3 groups. The 2 groups I run on here will be:

Group 1: daily/every other day check ins with me and you will get a PERSONALISED email with support and motivation, so things you’ve done well and some tips on little improvements or suggestion you might like to try.

Group 2: weekly/2x a week check in on how things are going and like the other group you will also get a personalised email like the other group.

The third group is one with my clients, a couple of who are on here so you might see them floating around.

It’s completely up to you guys which group you chose to join and you don’t have to take part. I would ask that you are as honest with me as possible! I’m not looking for robot answers and feelings its all about learning for all involved! ☺

Finally I need to say this, but as you know I am still training to be a personal trainer and so any advice/tips or motivation are given as a friend or MFP user rather than a fitness professional.

So if I haven’t put you off yet, please get in touch!

There are a few questions I will need you to answer!

• Name/Username:
• How long have you been trying to lose weight:
• Any goals other than a specific weight?
• Weight loss plan: (idea of what you are doing to try and lose the weight)
• Group choice:
• What sort of a person would be most motivating for you….someone relaxed and friendly, form but fair or strict drill sergeant?
• Anything you want specifically from me?:

Well hope to here from you soon!

Thanks,

Replies

• AdamBellfpt
    AdamBellfpt Posts: 224 Member
    Sorry forgot to ask you to message me if youre interested in getting involved, that way its a little more private! :)
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    I will help out, but you are getting it via pm..... sorry,
  • icrant
    icrant Posts: 41 Member
    Do you want the SSN and VISA card # as well? ... :)