Introducing myself...

takelia
takelia Posts: 8 Member
This is my one millionth attempt to take control of the monster otherwise known as my weight..... I am 33 years old and could really use some support from people that know where I'm coming from. I have six children and a husband and I have just recently graduated from college and fulfilled my lifelong dream of becoming a teacher. I need to lose at least 220 pounds.... I don't mind exercising and could use advice on what I should be eating. Would love to hear from folk with similar stories who are serious... I can't afford to start over again, again next year....my life depends on it. Thanks in advance :smile:

Replies

• nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Hey there! Ive also tried to loose weight millions of times. If your looking for motivation and friends, feel free to add me! :D

Good luck !:flowerforyou:
  • lgrix
    lgrix Posts: 160 Member
    Feel free to add me. I have struggled with trying to lose weight for many years, though I don't have as much to lose as you.
    Congratulations on graduating and wow, 6 kids, you must be a whiz at time management.

Saw you other post about exercise recommendations:
    Stationary bike, helps to build strength in the muscles around your knees which will help you in all of your other exercises.
    Wall squats - lean your back on the wall, feet out 2 feet, hip distance apart and lower your hips as if sitting in a chair to as low as you can and hold. Repeat a couple of times.
    Swimming in the pool, water walking and jogging with a flotation belt is easy on the joints
    Walking and playing outside with your kids. Take them to the playground, walk to it if one is close enough and play with them there.

Good luck on your journey
  • Hi i am Yvonne....36 years old; five children and my baby is 7...enjoy my food...but get little exercise...when im on a roll im on a roll but when im not....oh man is it noticeable in the most chubbiest way. Hope fully i was remain motivated.

24160975.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Friend request sent......with support and encouragement we can all accomplish this!!
  • Congratulations for taking this first step to get control of your weight and health! What a great accomplishment to finish college with such a big family! We are all fighting this same battle, but we are all worth the fight. Good luck to you!