Amazing first week

Options
So I have been trying for the last year to lose the 40 or so pounds I gained when I was pregnant with my little angel. However I have had multiple injuries including a car accident in which I broke my hand. Well finally a week ago I told myself enough is enough, time to get this done. So I set a goal to lose 1.5 lbs a week thinking this was a reasonable starting point. Since I am going to Vegas at the end of September I thought that would be good motivation to finally get the weight off. So today I weighed myself to see if I'd lost my 1.5 lbs. To my surprise I'd lost 5! I know it's only been a week and only 5 lbs but it feel great. For some reason this feels like the time to finally reach my goals. I've already noticed changes in myself. Last night my husband wanted Sonic and I didn't eat any. Every meal I try to always log the food before I eat it which helps me watch what I eat. I've also started running 3 times a week. Even when I want to quit I just keep moving my feet forward until I am finished. Good luck to everyone else out there and congrats on your victories no matter how big or small.

191371.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

Replies

• girlygirl82
    girlygirl82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congrads!! That is really thrilling to start out this journey with such results. Kudos to you.

Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Fantastic first week! Isn't it wonderful to find that it's not as bad ad you thought it might be? In fact it's kinda cool!!!

Be proud! You did great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!