Old but New..Back again...

Options
Hey everyone!! I have been on here before but slacked off and in a years time have gained about 15 lbs back after losing a total of about 35 before that. UGH! Anyway..I am getting back on track and need as much motivation as possible and would love to motivate others that need it as well. I'm in it to win it this time and am going to go for the gold!! I CAN DO IT! I plan on starting the Butt Bible Workout soon. Feel free to add me as a friend. Look forward to meeting you all . :D

Replies

• Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I know everyone is busy and may not have time to post. I really need some friends to help for support and motivation. I am also good at motivating. :) I have about 30 to 40 lbs to lose and it takes me 2x the work to lose with having an underactive thyroid. I have lost 30 lbs before but lost the motivation and fell back to gaining. I know I can do this..I know I CAN! Come on peeps, we can do this..let's help one another out and conquer this once and for all. :)
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I know everyone is busy and may not have time to post. I really need some friends to help for support and motivation. I am also good at motivating. :) I have about 30 to 40 lbs to lose and it takes me 2x the work to lose with having an underactive thyroid. I have lost 30 lbs before but lost the motivation and fell back to gaining. I know I can do this..I know I CAN! Come on peeps, we can do this..let's help one another out and conquer this once and for all. :)

I am with ya!! I have been on this journey for over a year & FINALLY lost 25lbs. I also have an underactive thyroid & it seriously feels like I have to work twice as hard with minimal results. I am currently at a state of major frustration and feel like I just want to be comfortable with what I have lost thus far & throw in the towel (but I know I will gain it all back). I have been on a plateau since March with no change in weight or inches. As that plateau gets longer my commitment is lacking! So it sounds like we have been in a lot of the same boats & I definitely think we should motivate each other!!! =)
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I hear ya with the thyroid thing! I have managed to gain 40 lbs give or take in the last 3.5 yrs. I take thyroid meds and have my levels checked yearly. Always comes back at the low end of the normal range and doc maintains that it is fine where it is. "bad food days" end up directly on my butt! and stay there. It takes alot of commitment and effort but we can do it! Add me if you'd like.
  • Southernb3lle
    Options
    Thanks gals. I'm so glad someone understands where I am coming from. It can be super frustrating. The first time I lost weight it came right off it seemed like. Now it is alot slower. I know I defo need to be working out ALOT more. I am starting off well this past couple weeks with watching what I am eating but need to PUSH myself to start working out. I do plan on starting the Butt Bible workout today. I always make excuses for myself..but no more. I'm "tired" of accepting being heavy and giving in. I want a healthier more toned body back.
  • mishtery
    mishtery Posts: 148
    Options
    Hey Southern, took me awhile to get some motivation back. But I have it. I am studying and hate sitting all day. i have to be always on the move. So I tend to get up and do some squats then back to my work, then maybe sit ups, back to it. I break things up and doesn't get boring. Anyone at work sitting at a desk can do the same. My job i'm always n my feet. Don't think i will be working for another week. Good luck with the butt workout! if your sore, you know its worked lol.
  • Southernb3lle
    Options
    Yeah, I have a desk job..so I am sitting most of the day. I do try to get up as much as I can but I wished I could get a mini workout in whilst at the desk.
  • ladyluck4210
    ladyluck4210 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! I am just getting back on the wagon after about a 5 month break from this site. If you need any additional support let me know! I'd be more than happy to help you or anyone for that matter with this journey. It's not a journey meant to be walked (or ran!!!) alone!

~Becki
  • Southernb3lle
    Options
    Thanks! I'm feeling good about this time around. :)
  • neveradullmoment
    Options
    Welcome back! I too am old but new....I too have done well then gained and done well and gained. I think that the light has FINALLY gone off and said GET UP AND DO IT this time!

Together we ALL can do this journey together!
  • Southernb3lle
    Options
    YES WE CAN!! WOOHOO!