Cholesterol Free Protein Powder

Options
hem8787
hem8787 Posts: 50 Member
My husband and I want to start making protein drinks and smoothies and want a cholesterol free or low cholesterol protein powder that doesn't taste like total crap. We bought Trader Joe's Soy Protein Powder Vanilla flavor (zero cholesterol, yay) but it was DISGUSTING. I mean, inedible, had to spit it out and gag, that disgusting. We are returning it tomorrow to get our $16 back. I would prefer something chocolate flavored that is not too expensive. Does protein in pill form exist? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Any reason it strickly has to be cholesterol free?.....Reason i say that is not all cholesterol is bad just like not all fat is bad...Eggs have high cholesterol but they are proven to reduce your bad cholesterol levels so actual is good for you.

I personally use only gaspari proteins...Started with standard myofusion and now use the new probiotic myofusion and it tastes SO GOOD
  • hem8787
    hem8787 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My husband has a family history of high cholesterol. His bad cholesterol is unusually high, especially considering that we are vegetarians. We consume very little cholesterol, and his doctor still wants it lowered. So that's why it has to be low or cholesterol free.
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Why not add it to a smoothie with fruits and veggies? I never notice the taste of protein powder in them, only the texture.