First Day

Options
Hello, this is my first day using this site and I think it is really great. I have already posted the foods I have eaten today and I am already over the limit. I was instructed by my doctor the other day that I have just stepped over the line for diabetes; in the very early stages. I now have to lose weight. This is going to be the hardest thing I have ever had to do because it is for life. Any support will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've made a great choice in coming here. You will be shocked at the calorie and nutritional value of some of the foods you eat!

I started putting the food in before I ate it just to see how much it 'cost' and it helped me to change my eating patterns completely. Knowing what I didn't want to eat any more, I just stopped buying that at the grocery store and instead spent a lot of time in the fruit and veggie aisle.

I've heard people say on here to avoid the middle of the store - where the processed and canned foods are, and instead spend most of your time on the edges. I've found that to be true.

Actually once I got rid of all the processed foods and began to eat more raw and natural things I found I wasn't as hungry as I thought I'd be! I can eat a lot more 'bulk' when it's healthy!!!

You will begin to see the results - and you will begin to just feel an all round well being when you are eating healthy. It's amazing!

I know you can do it! Think of it as moving to a more healthy lifestyle all round, don't think of it as a diet!

We're here for you, the people here are warm and supportive and wise!
  • gplesniak
    Options
    One day at a time, Keep up the great work. My experience has always been to take it off but really struggle keeping it off. I lost 65 lbs last year and have gaine quite a few back. Not all of it (about 25lbs.+) I choose running and of course did that to the extreme. I now struggle getting back into my regime. Just got back from Vacation and ate very poorly and decided that today is the day. So far I am OK. I walked during lunch and ate reasonably well.
    So, keep it up. One day at a time. Learn from my years of yo yo weight loss, take it slow and don't be in a hurry to lose it all today.

good luck
  • gplesniak
    Options
    I read your responds and really appreciate what you said. I have struggled with weigh and as you can read go up and down. I lost 65 puunds last year inly to put on 25+ (30lbs if I where to be real honest) I became compulsive with running, running8-10 miles per night, not thinking of what will happen when I can no longer dedicate as much time to running. As my metabolism changes so did my eating habits, well, here it is.....back again.

I decided this time I needed support so I hope to find it here.

thank you.
  • BSLAUGHTER1
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your quick response and support. I need to lose at least 80lbs, and I look forward to the weight lost journey or life style change with everyone.
  • sandra400
    sandra400 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i just joined over the weekend. find the site a big help and encouragement.
    today i put in all the foods i know i will eat like snacks and lunch so i know how many calories i have left for dinner and if we go out it gives me an idea what i can eat. i guess what i am saying is i fill out my counter in the morning of all the reg things i eat then play with the rest of the calories left gives me a feeling of some flexability but staying within the bounds. :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • lolabunny
    Options
    Welcome! I recently joined & am commiting to being HONEST about the foods I'm eating by logging them on as I eat them.

Good luck - if you believe you can, you will! :wink: