I need your help! ASAP!

Options
LaSutopia
LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
Ok so here is my story and I will try to keep it short. I am depressed...I have been for a while now and I am just barely maintaining my weight. I have 15 to lose still and it is just not gonna happen like this. This week is going to be tougher for me than before and I fear I am going to gain if I don't break the cycle. I am over my calories today and I just made myself put down the Doritos and get on here to ask for help...I have not exercised in like a month! It's ridiculous an there is no excuse, just laziness and giving in.

So here is what Im asking for....comment here with little exercises for me to do. Right now...I will put on my HRM, collect a few comments and do them then report in and get some more....I want to do it till I just can't any more...so please keep em coming! They have to be something I can do in my living room with not equipment...cardio or strength....Can you help?

Replies

• monkeybrain2012
    Options
    Go do some squats and push ups first and then we can think of something else.
  • Krisgren
    Krisgren Posts: 95
    Options
    3 sets of 20 jumping jacks.
  • gatork7
    gatork7 Posts: 22
    Options
    5 sets of 30 second planks
  • Sassafras4
    Sassafras4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Lunges...Tomorrow morning you will still feel it! Good luck tonight! Stay strong!
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    30 crunches
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Burpees 2 sets of 12
  • Senbou
    Senbou Posts: 9
    Options
    You want cardio, anything that gets the heart rate up and gets you sweating is awesome, strength will tone but a pound of muscle muscle has 3x the density of a pound of fat.. honestly i hate working out in front of people so if you have netflix they have those 120 minute solution video's i usually do the Target Toning one once a week, not too physically demanding motions but man there's still a couple that push me.. if i don't do that i go to my gym, it's 24 hours so i go late night when normal people are asleep.. it's nice because it wears me out too
  • monkeybrain2012
    Options
    How about some high intensity house cleaning. Set a timer for 15 minutes and go crazy. Cleaning my house always makes me feel better when I am depressed (although depression can be very serious and you need to get that under control). Coincidentally intense exercise might help your depression symptoms.

Pretend you are holding a jump rope and jump in place, do some high knee jumps, hold a plank for as long as you can, brush your teeth while doing a wall squat, do 10 triceps dips on your bathroom counter every time you go to the bathroom. Walk around your house on your toes or get down a walk like a bear. Waddle like a duck, jump like a frog, drag yourself along the floor like a seal (if youi have hardwood floors you clean them at the same time). Put some music on and dance. There's so much fun stuff you can do way better than Doritos.
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    25 crunchy frogs
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    Go do some squats and push ups first and then we can think of something else.

done :) Thanks!
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    3 sets of 20 jumping jacks.

done:) Thanks!
  • Uglytwinsister
    Uglytwinsister Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Are you getting treatment for the depresion? Be kind to yourself your doing great youve lost heaps of weight.:flowerforyou:
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Take a 15 minute walk :)
  • jennifermartinez1112
    Options
    i also have been dealing with depression for years and i find walking really clears my head. keep ur head up and keep it in ur head that u r doing this for u and that u deserve it.
  • Royaltvii
    Royaltvii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Dance for 15 minutes.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Open a word processor document or an e-mail and type non-stop for five minutes.

Write about anything you want but don't stop to edit or for any other reason.
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    5 sets of 30 second planks

Oh I like! Done! thanks
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    Lunges...Tomorrow morning you will still feel it! Good luck tonight! Stay strong!

got a bad knee one the right but I like these...did 10 on each leg...
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    50 high knees & get on your back do 20 toe touches
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Get a couple water bottles, lie on your back, arms outstretched. Slowly bring the water bottles up to meet each other and lower slowly. Do 10 reps of this, break, then repeat 3 more times.