Poopin'

Options
Bumdrahp
Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
SO... I was just wondering...My father always said " fiber is super important" and one should use the bathroom to " #2" at LEAST 2 times a day, if not more.

Um.. I can't go that often

How regular is regular? I have been trying to get fibers in my diet.. but... poopin' aint easy!

Replies

• Dietz27
    Dietz27 Posts: 107
    Options
    Buy some Kashi cereal and in a day or two you will know what it is like to have enough fiber! :)
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    Fiber one isn't good enough?!
  • healthy1215
    Options
    Cook with pure coconut oil and it will be a natural relief.
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    Cook with pure coconut oil and it will be a natural relief.

But is it fatty?
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I got like 3-4 times a day......that is regular for me. I
  • Dietz27
    Options

I have had both and Kashi really works for me. I really don't have trouble in that area anyway, but I know getting the fiber is good for you even if you aren't having trouble.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Once every day or every other day. If I eat more fiber than that, it is very unpleasant. But my pediatrician would always ask if I was going once a day.
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    I got like 3-4 times a day......that is regular for me. I

I envy you. Lol.
  • AFitJamie
    AFitJamie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    At my annual physical, my doctor, who also happens to be a gastroenterologist, always asks and says that "daily" is ideal... I don't know for sure, but I personally have no issues in that area and that lines up with my general experience...
  • Bumdrahp
    Options

I have had both and Kashi really works for me. I really don't have trouble in that area anyway, but I know getting the fiber is good for you even if you aren't having trouble.

Kashi, just regular Kashi cereal?
  • Dietz27
    Options

Yes, but I like the Berry Krunch kind. It's very tasty as well
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    At my annual physical, my doctor, who also happens to be a gastroenterologist, always asks and says that "daily" is ideal... I don't know for sure, but I personally have no issues in that area and that lines up with my general experience...

Yeah see i go once every other day IF that.. it gets uncomfortable feeling bloated all day. I want to feel like I can run faster and jump higher!
  • Bumdrahp
    Options

Yes, but I like the Berry Krunch kind. It's very tasty as well

Is it high in sugar?! ( i am sorry for all 800 questions)
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    eating 280g of protein a day makes me have to bomb it out once or twice a day. If I go longer I feel super fat.
  • tosmoothash
    tosmoothash Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I normally go once everyday or everyday...that's normal for me. You can always try a fiber supplement like metamucil to help if you feel like you need more fiber in your diet.
  • rmarie1017
    rmarie1017 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    SO... I was just wondering...My father always said " fiber is super important" and one should use the bathroom to " #2" at LEAST 2 times a day, if not more.

How regular is regular? I have been trying to get fibers in my diet.. but... poopin' aint easy!

I do agree that fiber is important, but how frequently you go varies from person to person. I only go once a day, and that is normal for me, but there are people who go several times a day or only once every few days. If you are constipated all the time, you probably do need more fiber (and more water), but if your only concern is that you're only going one time a day, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
  • Dietz27
    Options
    It's not too bad, and I have to watch that as I am diabetic. I think one serving is 10 sugar
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    eating 280g of protein a day makes me have to bomb it out once or twice a day. If I go longer I feel super fat.

lol @ bomb it out!

That's how I feel right now.. HUGE!!!
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    We had this discussion at work one day and one of my co-workers was going to the doctor that day so we had him ask and his response from his doc was 1 x a day is the norm for people.
  • Bumdrahp
    Options

I do agree that fiber is important, but how frequently you go varies from person to person. I only go once a day, and that is normal for me, but there are people who go several times a day or only once every few days. If you are constipated all the time, you probably do need more fiber (and more water), but if your only concern is that you're only going one time a day, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I think I average 3x a week... It's starting to tick me off. LOL!! Maybe Metamucil isnt a bad idea.