I had a heart attack this weekend...please, please read.

Options
13»

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this...you may indeed have saved some lives today. So happy to hear you are still with us! As an avid walker, I can tell you walking can be great exercise. We have a MFP group: Walkers United
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Glad u are ok and are still with us!
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    So pleased they found out what it was and that you went to the ER, a lot of people would of brushed it off me included. I had heart trouble one night and put it down to stress and was going to just go to bed but it got so bad I went to the hospital and it turns out I have a genetic heart condition call Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome so I too have to be careful and have to remind myself not to over do it. I really feel for you as it is a scary experience, I am happy to hear you are going to be okay and thank you for sharing as it is important for people to know these things
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this...you may indeed have saved some lives today. So happy to hear you are still with us! As an avid walker, I can tell you walking can be great exercise. We have a MFP group: Walkers United

Thanks, I love to walk and have always done that. It was in October that I kicked it ip a little bit and started do Turbo Jam and then Chalean. I would rather just get a refund while I still can and just go with something lighter. I do plan to do rehab, they had already talked to me about that.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    A post like this can save a life! Thank you.
  • debilyn574
    debilyn574 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wanted to make sure as many people as possible see this. Glad you went to the ER and will be ok!
  • scg7932
    scg7932 Posts: 1
    Options
    I also had a heart attack just last week. Although I have lost over 100 lbs in the last 8 years, I still have around 50 that needs to go bye-bye. The good news was there was no blockage in the main arteries. However there were some in the smaller ones. Although only 1% of my heart was affected, I am too on medicines forever now. Also, that 1% can cause heart attacks.

Ladies, if you have pressure in your chest, pain in your shoulder and back, pain in your neck and jaw and this is pain or a sensation that you have never dealt with or you think is "weird" then GO GO GO to the ER. Being wrong is better than being gone!!!!!

I'm currently looking for low fat, low sodium recipes. If anyone has a good source, please pass it along!