Hi! New guy here

Options
Found this site while trying to find calorie counts for my weight loss blog that I started today as well. I think the food and exercise logs will be good for me and being able to read the forum will help.

If anyone is interested, please check out the blog I started at: iamafatguy.wordpress.com , I can use all of the support I can get. If posting a link to a personal site is not cool, please let me know and I will delete it right away.

Thanks!

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. You sound just like me 7 months ago. This site is a great tool and I've had a lot of success here. My wife and I have lost over 100 combined.

It's easy, just set up your profile, log your eating (honestly! No cheating), drink you water, and get a little exercise,,, and you pretty soon you'll have to rename that blog.

Welcome - good luck. :bigsmile:

(Ooohhh,,, don't forget to read the stickies. There's a lot of info here).
  • cellorocker
    Options
    Hey, welcome!
    Just like Casper said, honestly record your food, drink your water, and you'll be off!
    Good luck on your journey here!
    I hope you reach all of your goals.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • joolesh
    joolesh Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi, Welcome! This sight is a great tool. Good luck!:drinker:
  • Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    Options
    Welcome Nathan!
    This site is wonderful and very motivating. You have come to the right place!! :laugh:
    K
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hi Nathan I have lost 125 pounds in 11 months and 5 days, I hit my goal weight July 22nd 2009 which was 150 pounds. I started mt weight loss journey Aug 17 2009. SO if i can do it anyone can do I was the biggest junk food junkie on my way to work I would stop at sonic and get me breakfast, yes alot has changed about me, I run/walk between 5-7.5 miles a day I log everything and I only eat about 1250 calories a day, I am fixin to go on maintatiance which I think is gonna be harder then losing the weight we will see. But if you need anything just ask I will be glad to help as much as I can.
  • NathanB
    NathanB Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the support! I can't think of a better place to track my journey at. I hope to get to know you all better over the coming months/years.