Need help on reaching calorie goal???

Options
So it's 9:30pm my time, and from my daily log it says with my food intake/workouts i'm under my goal by 2400 calories. I talked to my personal trainer at my boxing gym and he told me that not eating enough while doing a lot of exorcise can hurt my body more then over eating would. So any healthy food suggestions that will help with my calorie intake would be greatly appreciated! I'm doing a ton of working out daily, normally a 20-30 minute run plus an hour in a boxing gym, and mixing in some burnout weight room workouts a few times a week.

Replies

• MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yes, you do need to eat more. You could add more calories to your meals. Protein and a piece of fruit with your oatmeal at breakfast. Peanut butter mixed with the oatmeal is delicious! Boiled eggs make a quick snack. Nuts are a great way to beef up calorie intake, and you could always add a whole grain to your lunch and an extra serving if meat with dinner. My goal isn't as high as yours, and last weekend was a mess for me, but my diary is open if you'd like to take a gander.
  • Masharitos
    Masharitos Posts: 106
    Options
    If you have a protein shake, add a tbsp or two of oil. Coconut oil has 10 more calories per tbsp and smells divine. Adding nuts is a great calorie booster, they pack a ton. Add avocado to salads or just as a side (lots of cals there). Heavy cream has 50 cal per tbsp. Put it in coffee or you can make a sauce with it. I'm looking into making Panna Cotta using agar instead of gelatin.
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Nuts and nut butters in protein shakes or on wholegrains are always a good idea. Seeds on salad often help to boost too. Upping portions by a small amount (10%) will make a difference too.