I'm new

Options
Hi Everyone. I have really enjoying seeing your successes. It's encouraging. My sister told me about this site and this is my third day. I HOPE I can do this. I just can't fail again. :( I'm really trying. I am SO hungry. Wow. I started working around the house doing cleaning projects to get my mind off of it. Then I started shaking. I ate some popcorn to help. It's better, but feeling so weak. I guess my body isn't used to this. Oh PLEASE let me drop some this week. I need to see progress. :)

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be THAT hungry... make sure you are eating around 5 smalls meals, 3 full meals with 2 snacks... also make sure you drink water!... If you are really hungry eat fruit, eat veggies, chew gum, ect... Also, if you exercise you get to eat those calories back so that would probably help you. Stick with it, it will be worth it when you see that scale drop :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Water...water....water. At the beginning when I was going through the initial shock I would drink a ton of water to fill myself up and get rid of the hunger pangs!
    I also found that I can drink alot more water fast through a straw. I have a water bottle that has a built in straw that I carry everywhere now.
    Good luck! YOU CAN DO IT....I PROMISE!:happy:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I have really enjoying seeing your successes. It's encouraging. My sister told me about this site and this is my third day. I HOPE I can do this. I just can't fail again. :( I'm really trying. I am SO hungry. Wow. I started working around the house doing cleaning projects to get my mind off of it. Then I started shaking. I ate some popcorn to help. It's better, but feeling so weak. I guess my body isn't used to this. Oh PLEASE let me drop some this week. I need to see progress. :)

I tend to shake when I'm REALLY hungry too. It's usually when I've eaten mostly carbs for say, lunch, which just doesn't fill me up for very long. If that's the case for you too, then try to drink lots of water, and also try to have more protein and fiber in your meals to keep you full longer. :smile:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Goodness...

Well, first - welcome to MFP!

Second....maybe you aren't eating enough - you should never feel that hungry!

Third, Don't forget to drink your water. That helps out a lot.

Keep track of what you are eating. That might give you some insight as to why you are so hungry. I shake too when I haven't eaten in a long, long time. That's usually when your blood sugar is too low.

Good luck to you!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: