PCOS

Options
Okay, I have PCOS and I have a side effect known as Hirsutism. Or, male pattern hair growth.

I've dealt with it for about a year and a half now.

It's quite thick but I use nair face cream on it once daily.

Does anyone know of anything other than nair, preferably something homeopathic, that can reduce or kill the hair growth?

Replies

• Fit_SailorsWife
    Fit_SailorsWife Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    nope just use tweezers!
  • jrwatson87
    jrwatson87 Posts: 66
    Options
    I have it too. I just use tweezers or threading. Not really much we can do about it until our hormones stop screwing with us!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    No idea, sorry. :( I have PCOS but no hirsutism. I get white peach fuzz on my upper lip with maybe a stray dark hair or two and I just use my gf's fancy face razor to shave it.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have PCOS and I have a side effect known as Hirsutism. Or, male pattern hair growth.

I've dealt with it for about a year and a half now.

It's quite thick but I use nair face cream on it once daily.

Does anyone know of anything other than nair, preferably something homeopathic, that can reduce or kill the hair growth?

I don't know of anything that can reduce or kill it but have seen some infomercials for that No-No hair remover thing. NO clue if it works, though.

Have you ever tried threading? I use it for above my lip, under my chin and for my eyebrows. I don't think it's nearly as painful as waxing, tweezing, etc. I hope you find something that does work for you, sweetie! :)
  • tarazena
    tarazena Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS but haven't had the hair issue since I was a teenager. Taking the birth control pills for so many years has really stabilised my hormones and I only get hairy upper lip. I used to even get some pretty bad on my chest...just stopped after a few years. I definitely recommend threading..it lasts pretty long or even invest in getting laser hair removal. It is expensive at first..but SO WORTH it as it will be gone forever!. I have it for my bikini line. Good luck..let us know : )
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Buy yourself an epilator! Cheaper longterm than any creams or waxing, or any salon treatments. (and waaay faster than tweezing!).
    It hurts, it is yanking the hairs out, but it worked way better at reducing future hair growth than waxing ever did for me. (I just ice the area for a minute before hand and dont feel a thing). You want something that takes it out by it's root, otherwise, as Im sure you've noticed using the cream, it pops back up in a day or two.
    I tried threading, but the skin in all the areas that got threaded got really tough and leathery. It was really strange, I probably just needed a new person to do it, but I'm not wwilling to risk it again, lol.

I don't have pcos, just hairy genetics :)
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS as well. And I made my first appointment for electrolysis (which is perm.) I have tweezed, done creams, lazer. My sister did electrolysis a year ago and has had no regrowth.. I go on Saturday for my first treatment. I keep imagining how wonderful it will be to walk out of the house without worring about wiskers... :indifferent:
  • RenewHealthCoaching
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I have had hirsutism for almost 10 years and I totally understand the embarrassment and the hassle of hair removal. Not to mention the anxiety it can create. After being diagnosed with PCOS over 11 years ago, I have become a Holistic Health Coach, ditched the weight in a natural & healthy way without any medications & the majority of my symptoms have diminished!

Tweezing, epilator and waxing can not only be painful, but can damage the underlying layers of the skin. Furthermore it leaves your hair follicles "open" which can easily attract facial oil and dirt leading to acne.

One product that many of my clients have tried is the Tria Hair Removal Laser. (http://www.triabeauty.com/home-laser-hair-removal) It is an at-home laser tool that gives you permanent results in the comfort of your own home. It also saves you big bucks - you can treat and retreat whenever you feel it necessary without the multiple payments to an esthetician! The initial purchase cost is high $395, but after that you're in control of your facial hair!!

If any of you have any questions about PCOS, it's symptoms or are struggling to lose weight, please email me (Jessica@RenewHealthCoaching.com) I would love to help in any way I can. My website (www.RenewHealthCoaching.com) is also full of PCOS-friendly recipes!

Support & Encouragement to you!

Jessica Grajeda
    Jessica@RenewHealthCoaching.com