I will admit... I am SCARED to lose weight!! *possible TMI?

Options

Replies

• rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    They always did say people in shape have a higher chance of popping out babies. However, you mentioned you do the good ole pull n pray so that just may be it. I mean, the little guys have a duty and even a tablespoon of pre-ejaculate can knock you up. I'm a little scared myself, I'm on nuvaring and so far, so good but I'm scared that 1. I'll get hit on wayyyy too much as a skinny, and 2. I'll get knocked up!
  • elizabethmae1214
    Options
    I'm sorry but I think this is ridiculous. Pregnancy is something you can control. Condoms, vasectomy, etc.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Does the husband use condoms?

Sometimes... I try to avoid sex during my fertile times but if it does happen I tell him to use a condom to be safe.
    Well you're obviously not good at predicting your fertile time so maybe the natural family planning method isn't for you. Doesn't pcos cause irregular ovulation too? Technically you can't rely on predicting your fertile times then. Make sure you teach your own kids better when it comes to being responsible.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Read prior post, nevermind. :ohwell:
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options

PNP = pull and pray!

LOL thats where you're going wrong! I assumed it was some kind of abbreviation for natural family planning, although i'm not sure if that would be very easy with PCOS. If you don't want to try any other kinds of hormonal contraception your next step is really copper IUD, or tubes tied if you don't want any more at all/can afford it.
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    buy your husband a very expensive road bike, spandex and encourage him to start touring on weekends... almost as effective as PNP.. but not as effective as the snip ;)
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Well you're obviously not good at predicting your fertile time so maybe the natural family planning method isn't for you. Doesn't pcos cause irregular ovulation too? Technically you can't rely on predicting your fertile times then. Make sure you teach your own kids better when it comes to being responsible.

^This. And look into surgery as others have suggested. Not losing weight because you fear pregnancy is a poor excuse when there are SO MANY options out there.
  • MisanthropeKitty
    Options
    Does the husband use condoms?

Sometimes... I try to avoid sex during my fertile times but if it does happen I tell him to use a condom to be safe.

LOL, I did not practice avoiding during fertile times with my two babes. They were very much wanted and loved but surprises! This is just what I have been doing since my youngest was born.
  • MisanthropeKitty
    Options

^This. And look into surgery as others have suggested. Not losing weight because you fear pregnancy is a poor excuse when there are SO MANY options out there.

Oh I am GOING to lose it!! I definitely didn't mean that I wasn't going to lose the weight for fear of pregnancy!! I just wanted to see what others had to say about birth control and losing weight. I will definitely be looking into the copper IUD more...
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a health problem that can affect a woman's hormone levels, periods, and ovulation. This can affect fertility .

You can not accurately track fertility while having this condition. Unless your taking medication to try and regulate your cycles. Weight does factor in with this condition b/c it effects your hormones, as well as can cause you to become type 2 diabetic if you become insulin resistant..

Way the pro's and con's on what would benefit you the most.. I've been personally told that even if hubby and I BOTH got fixed that chances are I would still have to be on birth control due to having PCOS and another issue for pain management.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    "PNP = pull and pray"

Umm, praying is not a form of birth control.

If your husband doesn't like condoms, you absolutely can't get him to wear them, he doesn't want a vasectomy and you are going along with this then something is very wrong here. Are you sure he's on board with the "no more kids" thing? Are you SURE you don't want any more kids? Because I personally think you are kidding yourself.

If you absolutely didn't want any more kids you wouldn't be so irresponsible, you'd make absolutely sure that there's no more kids.
  • lilybear84
    lilybear84 Posts: 57
    Options
    Just have your husband pull out!!! Simple
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try an iud? Some of the copper ones don't have hormones.

I LOVED my "old school" (That's what the Dr. called. it. I seriously :laugh: at that) copper IUD. Had that sucker for 6 years, decided with the Hubby that we wanted just one more. Had it removed, 6weeks later? BAM! Positive test. LOL
    Best part was no screwy hormones, no added weight gain because of screwy hormones, and nothing to "remember". DID have to have an allergy test before hand to make sure I wasn't allergic to copper though.
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    The pull out method is always safe :drinker:

trollolololol...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Have you considered getting a tubal ligation or ask your husband if he'd be comfortable getting a vasectomy? If you're done having children, it might be worth looking at getting done.
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    "PNP = pull and pray"

If your husband doesn't like condoms, you absolutely can't get him to wear them, he doesn't want a vasectomy and you are going along with this then something is very wrong here. Are you sure he's on board with the "no more kids" thing? Are you SURE you don't want any more kids? Because I personally think you are kidding yourself.

If you absolutely didn't want any more kids you wouldn't be so irresponsible, you'd make absolutely sure that there's no more kids.

This may be a little harshly worded for those of you in sugar-coated candyland, but this woman speaks the truth...
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I think this is ridiculous. Pregnancy is something you can control. Condoms, vasectomy, etc.

THANK YOU! I did not want to say it, but good grief!
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    "PNP = pull and pray"

I could kiss you. This whole thing is just ... wow.

Okay, mama said if you can't say anything nice .... so I'm just gonna shut up now.
  • MisanthropeKitty
    Options
    "PNP = pull and pray"

I never said that he didn't/wouldn't wear condoms... I actually said that he does wear them, just not all of the time. He has said that he does not want a V and I don't want a tubal so I guess that's that for now. Maybe I am kidding myself but as of right now, I don't want anymore kids so I posted here looking for suggestions but I guess I just opened a whole can of worms with my irresponsible sex life!! LOL
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    The pull out method is always safe :drinker:

Always works for us!