First day...14 calories over the goal

Options
Well, the first day wasn't too bad...14 calories over the daily goal, but considering this is the first time counting calories, I think I did pretty good. Hope to keep each day close to my targets and soon I'll get to the place I want to be. Good luck to all the other first day people as well as the old-timers.

Replies

• imbanter
    imbanter Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Considering that not all of the calorie counts are perfect - 14 over is no big deal. Great job!
  • onyx1972
    onyx1972 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You did an awesome job.. Congrats on your first day and congrats on joining MFP... this is just the first day of your new wonderful journey to a wonderful and healthy lifestyle... Welcome... and feel free to add me if you like :)
  • candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options
    Great job!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!! You are going to love this site and all the people on it! :happy: Best of luck to you!!
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    Well done! As long as you stay close most days you'll do fine! And even if you happen to have a bad day, don't give up - just log it anyway and move on. Welcome to MFP!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Great start!
  • JonMB
    JonMB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just do a quick 5 minute brisk walk... then you'll be under your goal! ;-)

Good start!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Your doing a good job....keep on going
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Good luck Steve! You can do it, MFP will help.
  • smturner510
    smturner510 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow..what a great community...thanks for all the support and well-wishes. I'm sure you will help keep me going!
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Wow, my first day.. Make that week... I was just thinking holy cow, how do I eat this little calories?? Now it's habit, you just learn to really make the best of your calories in healthy ways. I've learned that I don't need to stuff my face with food when I'm mad/sad/bored ..Haha.. Good job to you! Keep it up :)