OxyElite Pro Question

Options
I have heard a lot about OEP lately, and I wanted to know from someone who HAS taken the product. Once you've lost your weight, and have finished the 8 weeks (which I think is go through the cycle of 1 bottle, 4 weeks off, 1 bottle again--correct me if I'm wrong please!) should you continue to use the product? Or then quit using it? Can you use it again if you're not satisfied and would like to lose more weight?

PLEASE do not post about how you may believe it's bad for you... I understand it's a product or drug or whatever you want to call it. I understand it can be unhealthy, I just want to know.

Thanks for your replies! :)

Replies

• maddiey
    maddiey Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I hope this is the right place to post this question :)
  • maddiey
    Options
    Bump (:
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Sadly I bought this when it first came out. I followed the dosage and it gave me heart palpitations and raised my blood pressure. It did suppress my appetite for a few days then the effect wore off. IMO the side effects outweighed the "claimed" benefits so I stopped using it.
  • maddiey
    Options
    Sadly I bought this when it first came out. I followed the dosage and it gave me heart palpitations and raised my blood pressure. It did suppress my appetite for a few days then the effect wore off. IMO the side effects outweighed the "claimed" benefits so I stopped using it.
    Oh I'm sorry to hear that. I've noticed some people have had a hard time using it because they're sensitive to it.
  • maddiey
    Options
    Bump
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You can keep using it or you can stop. It's your choice, depending on what goals you have. Though I don't think you can get OEP anymore (in America, at least) because it contains DMAA which was recently banned by the FDA.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any real negative side effects from using the Oxypro. It's been a while since I actually took it (my old manager at GNC suggested it to me when I complained that I wasn't getting the energy that I needed for a proper workout). Personally, the only negative thing was the heart palpitations, and that wasn't very often... maybe like a one time thing. Other than that, it gave me a huge burst of energy, and suppressed my appetite so much....buuuut to each his own, ya know?
  • Pomoch325
    Pomoch325 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can still get it with DMAA, but the FDA is all over them about it.
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    i've used two bottles and have watched my diet fairly well. Exercise close to 6 days a week, but haven't seen much of a weight drop from using it. It elevated my mood for the first week or so and helped with my appetite but after that first week it didn't have much affect. It did help me get out of my bed in the morning to get my day started. I would take one when i woke up to help keep me from falling back to sleep. i wouldn't stay in bed any longer then 30 minutes, so that was a bonus.
  • maddiey
    Options
    Okay thanks everyone! Does anyone know what the effects are if you do not want to lose weight, but you're using it anyways? That's just out of pure curiosity (:
  • kissableki
    Options
    I tried OEP and followed the instructions to the T, It did suppress my appetite and I had a lot of energy however when it was time for me to go to bed I had trouble sleeping because the caffeine was too much for me so I stuck to one pill a day. I noticed when I ate sweets I felt nauseous so It made me not crave or eat sweets. I didn't get heart palpitations I just felt hot all the time.
  • Fit_SailorsWife
    Fit_SailorsWife Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    honestly diet pills aren't what you need. you need good nutrition!
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have heard a lot about OEP lately, and I wanted to know from someone who HAS taken the product. Once you've lost your weight, and have finished the 8 weeks (which I think is go through the cycle of 1 bottle, 4 weeks off, 1 bottle again--correct me if I'm wrong please!) should you continue to use the product? Or then quit using it? Can you use it again if you're not satisfied and would like to lose more weight?

PLEASE do not post about how you may believe it's bad for you... I understand it's a product or drug or whatever you want to call it. I understand it can be unhealthy, I just want to know.

Thanks for your replies! :)

I have personally taken it in the past and did the 1 bottle and then a few weeks off then another bottle. Honestly, the main thing it did for me was not make me hungry.

I do not take it anymore because the military has banned them, most GNC stores are not carrying them anymore and Body Building.com is no longer carrying them because they are suspected in the deaths of two (I believe) Marines who died during training.

I am not going to tell you not to take them because they may be bad for you; however, when the FDA is considering a ban on them, to me, it just isn't worth it...
  • poscagirl
    poscagirl Posts: 4
    Options
    When i looked into this product i read somewhere that it can alter your thyroid function? In my head we shouldn't be messing with the gland that controls our metabolism if we want long lasting weight loss. I could be wrong though.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Weight loss supplements attribute about 1% to your overall weight loss. So if you lost 100lbs. then 1lb of it actually came from the supplement. Kinda of a lot of money to pay for only 1% assistance.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BrieC
    BrieC Posts: 26
    Options
    It's pretty potent if you aren't used to stimulant, but effective (in my experience) if you're already on a clean diet and good workout program. Gives tons of energy and kills my appetite, great for helping get rid of fat in those stubborn areas
  • MommaSpunk
    MommaSpunk Posts: 113
    Options
    You can still get them in the state but alot of military bases do not carry them. I have used them but they have not really helped with weight lost.. I lost 5lbs gained it right back ...The only thing they did help me with is energy and staying awake,,,they kept off me being hungry for a lil bit.